Epilogue

One year later.

Alyssa's POV

Binuksan ko yung door ng condo and I started removing my shoes.

It's been a year since that launch at ang daming nagbago.

Sam is out of showbiz. She's busy though. Now that Luigi is in Paris, Sam and Ate Chin is leading the company here.

Her mama decided to stay here in the Philippines. She's in another condo with Agnes. Remember Agnes? After Sam settled in her new job, she offered Agnes scholarship to finish her college degree. Natengga kasi pala sya dati at di na nya natuloy kasi wala na nga pang-tuition. Sam is not even asking anything in return pero si Agnes ang nag-insist na maging kasa-kasama ng mama nya sa bahay. And it's a win-win situation kasi at that time, naghahanap talaga sila Sam at hindi naman nila need ang full time kasambahay.

Marie naman is busy na sa pag-aaral kaya di na sya nakapagpart time sa coffee shop. I still saw her minsan with Anji sa mga games. Mukhang nayaya sa fan's club. Sometimes, they are spending time sa condo ng mama ni Sam. Yung mama nya, mahilig mag-ampon ng friends e.

Albie is everywhere. Working and travelling. Getting drinks with Ate Bianca whenever he's around. They are both enjoying their single life. Sometimes, I'd like to think na baka sila magkatuluyan? Pero hayaan na natin sila. Malaki na sila.

Ako, I'm still doing what I love. Volleyball. And it's probably an obsession of the sport but I will do this hangga't kaya ko.

"In here, love." I heard Sam called. Narinig nya siguro na pumasok ako.

Napangiti ako nang bumungad sakin ang living room.

Sam is sitting on the floor. Her hair is in a bun and she's wearing a tank top ang leggings. She is drafting something in her sketch pad na nasa lap nya. Nakaharap sya sa laptop na nasa couch, streaming something, probably the red carpet of the Windstrike Ball which is tonight. Sabi nya, she had a lot of ideas kapag may mga red carpet, thus, the sketch pads all over the floor. She has tons of those simula nung nagwork sya sa Under the Stars. Whenever inspiration comes.

Sam and I moved in together just two months ago, here in her condo. I don't mind. This is her pride, and she can't let it go.

My favorite part of living together is that I got to know her even more, even the littlest things about her and it's been a joy discovering them.

She needs a hug in every emotion she got. Happy, sad, or when she is feeling indifferent. She really loves flowers and I always made sure that the vase I bought for her birthday is never empty.

Speaking of birthday, she forgot mine and she felt really bad. But I'm okay, we're together all day and she cooked the best lasagna I've ever tasted, hindi lang nya alam na birthday ko. The next day, binilhan nya ako ng ice cream as if we're not eating ice cream during regular days but it's so cute of her.

When, it's not a good day, she doesn't talk, and I let her. Sometimes, I will find her lying on the living room floor. It's not that bad, she had a pillow. Those days, I'll cook, and she'll eat whatever I give her. Then, magcocomment na lang sya, the next day.

She needs me-time every now and then. And then, I realized, yes, we both did.

One day, nagalit sya sakin na di ko malaman ang dahilan. Days after, I realized, she'll die first before admitting that she is jealous of someone.

Back to present, nakakunot yung noo nya habang nakasubsob sa drawing nya. Ang cute talaga. Minsan di ko maintindihan, ganun kaseryoso ang itsura nya pero pag pinakita nya sakin yung nagawa nya, parang linya linya lang naman.

Napatawa ako ng mahina while looking at her. Then I sighed and blurted out, "Marry me, someday."

Tumigil sya sa pagsketch at napatingin sya sakin. She's smiling but she looked confused. She mouthed 'what?' na may matching kunot sa noo nya.

"Wala!" I said. Medyo nagpanic pa ako inside. Lumapit ako sa kanya para umupo sa tabi nya. Inayos ko pa yung ibang sketch pads na nasa sahig. "Nakapasok na sila Ate B?" Tanong ko referring to the red carpet.

Sa peripheral view ko, nakita kong binaba nya yung ginagawa nya at humarap sya sakin.

"Love." Tawag nya.

"Hmm?" Tanong ko habang nakatingin ako sa laptop.

Sam reached out and hold my nape kaya napatingin ako sa kanya and then hinapit nya yung batok ko papalapit sa kanya at inangkin ang labi ko na agad ko namang tinugon.

She smiled into the kiss before we separate and said, "Love, walang bawian." And she giggled.

I can't help but lean in again to kiss her.

I smiled and look into her eyes, still feeling dazed from that moment.

"Someday?" I asked.

"Someday."

.....