TWENTY-FIVE

BLOODSHED

"but i love you so, please let me go,"

i love you so, the walters

twenty-five

DARK CLOUDS hung over the town of Devin, blocking any form of sunlight to peak through. The snow had melted and the lighthearted air from Christmas diminished.

The good bit of winter was gone.

Ava slowly opened her eyes, tiredness clogging up her mind as she rolled over on her bed to stare out the window, the sound of the rain echoing from outside.

'Another rainy day.' She thought before pulling herself up and out of her bed, her undried hair from the previous night clung to her back, now frizzy and knotty.

Ava slid off her bed and slowly walked over to her calendar, ripping off January 3rd to replace it with January 4th.

It's been a few days since Ava has heard from Jordan and she was beginning to get worried.

For the past few days, Ava's checked everywhere for her, but she's never there.

She checks Grab N' Go, she's not there.

She checks the abandoned skate rink, Vance is there, but she's not with him.

She checks the street she lives on, deserted.

The one rule Jordan enforced fully was that Ava was to never go to Jordan's house, she had a faint idea of why Jordan was so adamant on that rule, and she respected it.

Until today.

Ava had made it her goal to check on Jordan, even if it was the last thing she did.

Ava quickly opened her bedroom door and rushed downstairs to eat something, her father was cooking breakfast while her mother sat at the table with a newspaper in hand, lightly skimming over the words.

"Good morning sleepy-head," her father called out, chuckling at the girl's messy hair.

"Morning dad, morning mum," she gave the two a small smile.

"Has Jordan called?"

Ava sat down next to the woman reading, her mother and father shared a small look of worry, "no I'm sorry my dear."