Alpha?

There’s another loud knock on the door, I back up so my mate can answer it. He unlocks the door and I see the man of my nightmares, the man who abused me since the day I got here. The man who brought friends to help torture and rape me. I feel my chest tighten and it becomes harder to breathe. I ran to my mate hiding myself behind him. He tenses at my touch and quickly realizes what is going on. I'm having a panic attack at the sight of the man. 

“Alpha we have a problem on the west border” the man's voice rushes. Alpha? My mates the alpha, i knew he was high ranked but i wasn't expecting that. My mate turns around holding me trying to calm my panic attack which surprisingly helps. “Are you okay? What's wrong love? He asks frantically. I slowly point to the man standing in the door frame, fear in my eyes. “Luke? What did he do?” he asks. I look down at my shirt covered arm and roll up the sleeve and point at the cuts.

“He hurt You!?” he booms with anger in his eyes. I shake my head and slowly back away in fear he looks really mad. I don't wanna get hurt. He sees the fear I have towards him at the moment and slowly steps towards me. “Remember love, I said i'd never hurt you, i'm just angry at the situation and Luke not you.” he tells me trying to comfort me. He makes sure I'm feeling better and then turns back to face Luke. Anger and rage radiate off his body in waves he's definitely holding himself back.  

“Did you hurt her?” he asks in a deep angry tone. “Yes, she was a prisoner, that's what we do to prisoners” he states confused by the situation. The anger in my mate's eyes grew heavier towards him. “You hurt my mate, I said I wanted her untouched!” he yells at Luke once again. “Sh-shes your mate?” he stutters, realizing the situation, fear clouding his eyes. “I'm sorry Alpha i didn't know.” he adds on cowering. I look down at my feet not wanting to see the situation playing out in front of me. A few seconds of silence go by before a loud crack, I look up to see Luke bleeding and blood on my mates hand.

“I suggest you leave before I kill you, you will be punished! Even if she wasnt my mate I told you I wanted her untouched” he yells at luke. Luke runs out the door without thinking twice and slams the door behind him. My mate then turns around walking back towards me. “I'm sorry you had to watch that, and I'm sorry you went through so much in the cells. I should have found you earlier, this is my fault. I'm your mate, I should have been there to protect you” he rambles apologizing. Why is he apologizing? It isn't his fault these things happened, he didn't hurt me they did. He continues to apologize and ramble on and on.

I did the only thing I could think of. I stood on my tip toes pressing my lips against his. He froze for a second before kissing my back, his lips were so gentle and soft against mine. My body erupts with sparks and my tummy is full with butterflies. I never want this moment to end. He wraps his arms around my waist and leads me up against a wall. After a  few more minutes he disconnects his lips and smiles down at me.

“That's one hell of a way to tell me to shut up” he smiles, giggling a little. I smiled back up at him, I was glad I did that to quiet him that kiss was amazing. It was also my first kiss but he doesn't have to know that yet. I'm so happy I found him, we stand there a moment smiling at each other before I wrap my arms around him snuggling into his chest. He pulls back looking at me once more before pulling away and grabbing my hand leading me towards the bedroom door. 

“We should get you that food and water I promised” he smiles, pulling me out of the room. I look around this place and it is beautiful, is this their pack house? We go down a few more hall ways and a flight of stairs to what appears to be a living room. This place is too small to be a pack house, maybe it's just a family house. He pulls me a little further and into a beautiful kitchen. I've never seen one so big. “I know it's not much but this is the house i was saving till i met my mate” he says shyly. This house is all for us? It's so big though there's only two of us and like five rooms. 

“What would you like to eat? We have lots of food” he asks, opening the fridge. Pancakes but i don't know how to tell him so i just shrug looking at him. “Okay how about I grab a breakfast cookbook and you see what looks good and tell me then we'll make that for breakfast” he says handing me a cookbook. He's smart, so I picked up the book and started looking for pancakes. Finally I come to a page with delicious looking chocolate chip pancakes and stop flipping. I point to the page and he looks at it and takes the book from me. “Alright chocolate chip pancakes it is, let's get cooking” he smiles.

~~~~
Word Count: 943