Chapter 1

LAX was busy for a Tuesday. Peyton Richards rolled her suitcase behind her as she ran to her gate. The rumors regarding I - 405 were true. It was an extremely busy interstate. Even leaving two hours early, she just made it to the airport with just a half an hour to spare. Luckily, she was able to get through security without incident. Being in first class had its perks so she showed her boarding pass and was let on the plane immediately.

Peyton tried to put her luggage in the overhead compartment but being just five foot high, even on tip toes, she still couldn't reach. Right when she was about to climb on the seat in front of her, a deep voice offered to help.

"Here, let me take that for you," he said. Before she could answer, he took her luggage and effortlessly put it in the compartment. Peyton had to strain her neck to look up at him. He stood over six feet tall and sent her a dazzling smile that lit up his ocean blue eyes. She recognized him immediately. He was Tom Hiddleston, the actor from the MCU and other countless movies she had watched. Blushing from head to toe, she thanked him and took her seat by the window. He sat next to her as her hand accidentally brushed his when she reached for her seatbelt.

"I think that part is mine," he said with a smile.

Peyton realized she had indeed taken his buckle and blushed even more. Is it possible for someone to just spontaneous combust from embarrassment? she thought to herself. "Sorry," she mumbled. Finally buckling her seatbelt, she pulled out her phone to flip through her social media accounts, trying to calm her nerves. She had been a Marvel fan for so long and crushing on this actor for over a decade.

"I'm Tom by the way," he said as he extended his hand towards her.

She took it and looked into those hypnotic blue eyes again. "Yes, I know. I recognized you immediately. I'm Peyton Richards."

He kept a hold of her hand. "Why does your name sound so familiar?" he asked as he tried to think of how he knew her. As beautiful as she was, he knew he didn't personally know her because he would have made sure he kept contact with her if they were ever introduced before. He stared into her chocolate-colored eyes. They had a hint of gold in them. His eyes went to her lips as she bit her lower lip. It finally dawned on him how he heard of her. "Are you the writer?"

Peyton nodded her head. She was surprised he even heard of her. She wrote romance novels and her lead male characters were always based on him, although she never let anyone know that, not even her agent, Claire whom she's close to. "You've read my books?" She couldn't contain the surprise in her voice. She looked down at their joined hands as he reluctantly let it go. She folded them on her lap.

He shook his head. "My sister, Emma, is a huge fan. She would kill me if I didn't get an autograph. Would you mind?"

Peyton smiled. This was a first for her. A famous actor asking her for an autograph. "Not at all." She reached into her purse for a pen and paper. Quickly, she scribbled a note and then her signature, handing it to him.

"Splendid. Thank you so much." He folded the paper and placed it in his back pocket.

The flight attendant took their drink order as the captain made the announcements regarding their 6-hour flight. Soon they were air bound.

Peyton tried not to be too obvious as to sneak peeks at him. He had taken out a book to read so she turned on her laptop and started writing.

He leaned towards her. "Another novel?" Tom asked.

She turned to face him and shook her head. She tried not to giggle since he was so close. "No, just answering e mails." She logged off her computer. "Are you heading back to England?"