Chapter 20

Peyton just stared at her phone in complete shock. What the hell was Felicity talking about? Why was she so angry and the hurtful things she said to her. Peyton knew she would eventually forgive her since it was probably the hormones talking but wow. She laid into her. It would take a while for her to forgive Felicity. Peyton put down her phone and just stared at Tom. "I knew you checking on Fey was a bad idea. Why did you tell him we were engaged? That's something you say face to face, not in a text."

Tom was surprised at her tone. She was angry. "Darling, what happened?" He reached out to grab her hand, making her sit next to him on the couch.

Peyton sat down and took a deep breath. Taking her anger out on him was not going to help. It wasn't his fault. It was Zawe's. She told Tom the tirade unleashed on her by Felicity. He sat there dumbfounded.

"She honestly blames me for all of this and not Zawe?" Tom was shocked, hanging his head.

"In your second lapse of judgement, you pissed off a lot of people. So not only are you the bad guy here, but I am as well. For loving you and forgiving you." Peyton turned to Tom who had tears in his eyes. "I don't blame you. I blame Zawe. This is all her fault."

"I never meant to hurt anyone. If I had just broken this off months ago, none of this would have happened. Yes this is all my fault."

Peyton had enough, first Fey and now him. "Thomas William Hiddleston. That is enough from you. You are not to blame for this. Zawe is a vindictive person and is spreading her poison on all of our lives." Peyton grabbed his hand and brought it to her lips. "I love you."

Tom gave her a sad smile. "I love you too."

"Fey said something about Chris leaving. What the hell happened after I left?"

Tom told Peyton the whole story after she left. How Chris overheard what happened at the hospital between Felicity and Zach and how everyone turned on him. He even told her what he said to Zawe.

Peyton shook her head. This was a lot of information to take in. Now she understood why Fey was so upset. She thinks she lost Chris. Well not on her watch. Peyton stood up. "Tom, you need to go pack. We're headed back to London."

Tom shook his head. "The last people Felicity wants to see is us. The whole team hates me." He reached for her hand. "Let's let things blow over before we go back."

Peyton sent him a sad smile. "You don't seem to understand. We are going back to London. I'm going to find Chris and make him take his damn head out of his ass. Then I'm going to see Fey and let her have it. Hormones or not, she hurt my feelings and never gave me a chance to answer. Fey is my person and because of Zawe, I might not have my maid of honor at my wedding." Peyton shook her head. "Not gonna happen."

Tom saw the determination on her face and knew it was pointless to argue. He nodded his head and stood. "I'll be back in a few minutes. I never unpacked so I just need to grab my suitcase." He kissed her forehead and left.

Peyton grabbed her phone and called Claire. She let her know what happened and asked her to reach out to Fey to see if she was ok since Peyton knew Fey wouldn't answer her phone if she called. "Claire, Fey is our top priority."

"What about the press? The scandal from last night?" Claire asked.

Peyton was shaking her head. "I don't give a shit about the press. Fey is hurting and feels like she has no one. She won't let me comfort her, yet, but she'll let you in. Please, drop everything and go to her. Knowing her stubborn ass, she won't call you so just go to her." Peyton also told her about Tom and their engagement. "I forgave him and so should everyone else. He didn't purposefully mean to hurt anyone. The things the others said to him were uncalled for and they will all have to answer to me when I get there. In the meantime, give Fey an extra hug but don't tell her it's from me." They hung up.