Chapter 24

Fey stands outside the door. She looks at Chris. Needing a bit of encouragement.

"Fey go. We'll be right outside baby girl." Chris takes her hand kissing it.

"Go my lovely she needs you." Her Poppy nudges her. She opens the door. "Pey?" She says softly.

"Fey? Is that you?" Everything in the world stops. Felicity looks at her friend. Looking so weak in the bed. Tom utterly devasted his girl has had all of this happen to her. "Oh Peyton." Felicity rushes to her side. Wrapping her in her arms delicately. "I'm sorry Pey." She sobs hugging her friend.

"Fey. I'm sorry too. I should have. I should have been there. Through all of it. I should've done so many things differently Fey. I missed you so much." Peyton sobs out.

"Hush now. I never told you to right? I never said hey this is what's going on." Felicity pushes hair back from her face.

"I should've known Fey. You were hurting so much for years and then all of this. You made me an auntie. I should have thought better. Thought of you. Of them." Pey cries harder.

"Don't do that Peyton. It's not your fault. None of this is any ones fault but hers ok? I'm sorry my super preggo hormones went nuts on you. I know when it comes down to it. You'll always be on my left. Until the end of the line." Felicity crawls into the bed next to her. Holding her close. Only minutes ago she thought she lost her forever.

"How did you get here so quick?" Pey laughs as Fey hugs her tighter.

"How do you think?" Fey cracks up.

"Poppy here?" Peyton giggles.

"You're damn right he is. Unci Stevie too." Fey laughs harder.

"Oh sweet Jesus. Poor Chris huh?" Pey smiles at her friend.

"Pretty much." Fey smiles back.

"Poppy losing his mind?" Pey looks up at her.

"You have no idea. He's right outside the door right. Wanting to know if his other granddaughter is ok. Girl, so many phone calls were made." The two girls crack up.

"Felicity?" Tom's voice comes through sadly.

"Tom. It's all ok. I missed you too." Fey takes his hand as he gets up. Putting it on her small bump.

"They need their uncle. I need my brother." She looks up at him his eyes lined with tears.

"My sister. I am truly sorry. Please know that I am beyond regretful. You, these children and Chris. You all mean more to me than words can express. We have missed you terribly. It's been incredibly hard for both of us." Tom looks at Felicity with love.

"That's all done now Tom. We're family." Fey puts her hand over his. "I mean honestly. How many kids can say Loki is their uncle? Especially when Cap is their dad? You know you are the only one that wore that suit other than him." Fey cracks up in laughter. Making Peyton and Tom do as well.

"We alright in here loves?" The door cracks open.

"Poppy!" Pey calls out.

"My girl!" Robert laughs.

Tom's face drops. Fuck he knows who he is runs through Fey's mind. Her grandfather and her family haven't always had the best reputation. Poppy's been trying for years to make it better. To make them legitimate. To shake the past his father had started. "Now you know Tom." She smirks.

"Know what?" He's trying to play it off.

"That I must be truly your sister." Fey giggles.

"Why is that Fey?" He laughs.