Chapter 7

For the first time in a long time, Tom woke up with a smile on his face. He rolled over remembering recent events realizing he was free. Free to pursue Peyton. Just thinking about her not only made him smile but made his heart beat double time. He threw off the covers, freshened up and went into the kitchen to make a quick protein shake to drink as he walked Bobby.

Tom smiled as he passed by some of the people on the street. Looking at his phone while Bobby was doing his business, an alert came up notifying him he received an email. Switching over from his music playlist to his email account, the notice was from Zawe. Against his better judgement, he opened it. The subject read WHORE. He just wanted to delete it but it included an attachment so he opened it. He found three different pictures of Peyton at a club with Zach, his co worker and friend. Jealousy consumed him. He opened the actual email and her message read, This is the what you left me for. Karma is a bitch, and so is she. Before he overreacted, he needed to get Peyton's explanation first. Tom went home to pack a bag.

***

Peyton's phone rang. "Hello?"

"Peyton," was all he was able to say. Even after the seven hour flight, he was still angry, hurt and jealous.

She immediately picked up on his tone. He was either angry or he was about to tell her he chose his fiancée.

"It's so great to hear from you. Where are you?" she asked nervously.

"Actually, I just arrived in Boston," he stated.

Peyton practically dropped her phone. Claire noticed her distressed and asked if she was alright. Peyton just shook her head and held up her hand.

"Oh. Did everything go alright in London?"

"I would prefer to tell you in person. Where are you?" he asked.

"I'm at Infinity." She thought she heard him snicker.

"Alone?"

"Tom, what's wrong?"

He noticed she never answered his question. "Meet me at the Copley. I'm staying there," and he hung up the phone.

Peyton just looked at her phone. Did he seriously just hang up on her? She was half tempted to just stay at the club, but she missed him. She quickly told Claire that Tom was in town and went to the back office to check on Felicity. She gave the door a light knock. Chris opened it. Peyton noticed Felicity was sitting at her desk, sipping on a Grey Goose martini.

"How are you?" Peyton walked up to her and squatted down to face her.

Felicity just shook her head. "So much to process. I'm so sorry I never told you."

Peyton engulfed her in a hug. "Don't apologize. I totally get it. I'm so sorry."

Chris heard his phone ping and looked down at the message from Tom. "Tom's in town?"

Peyton released Felicity and nodded her head. "He wants me to meet him at his hotel room. Do you know what happened in London?"

Chris shook his head. "No clue."

Felicity wiped her eyes. "I'm good. Go see Tom."

"You sure?" Peyton asked, concerned for her friend.

Felicity smiled. "Yeah, I'm in good hands."

Peyton looked up at Chris and sent him a smile. "Yes you are. I'll text you later." Peyton gave her another hug and a kiss on her cheek.

She walked back to the table and said good bye to Sebastian and Claire. Toby called her a cab. She arrived at the hotel and walked to the front desk asking for Tom's room.