Chapter 11

"There! Stop!"

Derek shouts as his ride stops at the scene in front of the apartment complex.

He arrived from his flight about 20 minutes ago and the first thing he did when he landed was call for an escort.

He didn't have time to go back to the station and get his car because the station is going towards the opposite direction and the LAST thing he needs is to catch traffic.

Once Derek exits the car, he walks up to the crowd and makes his way to the front.

People around there being held back by police as they tried to cover the scene from the public's eyes.

"Get back!"

"There's nothing to see here!"

"Everyone, go home!"

"Do NOT make us use force!"

Once Derek gets to the front, the officials immediately recognized him and gave him the nod to enter.

He ducks under the police tape to walk passed the wall tarp that's covering the scene, freezing once he sees it.

Red.

That's all he could see as the scene was being picked up.

He looks around and sees the white chalk on the floor where bodies had been found and reported.

While some are still being under investigation.

Not wasting anymore time, he head up to his apartment where he finds more bodies on the hall.

All while listening to the detective's conversations as he approaches them.

"Whoever these goons are, they did a pretty good job taking out all of those recruits without making a ruckus."

"No one heard anything?"

"From what we heard from the other attendants, they weren't aware of the situation."

"But what about the scene outside? You can't tell me NO ONE saw that..."

"There was no call until the bodies were found minutes later."

"They didn't leave any spec of dust behind?"

"None, we checked EVERYWHERE."

"Holy shit man....These guys really know how to cover their tracks..."

Derek- "Check the cameras."

The others turn to Derek.

Derek- "I'm pretty sure the cameras could pick up the people behind all this."

"That's the first thing we checked when we arrived, but unfortunately they were turned off."

"Which meant someone hacked into the apartment's security before making the scene."

Derek- "Shit..."

He whispers to himself before hurrying passed them and getting to his apartment.

Please be okay...

Please...

Don't harm her...

She had nothing to do with all this...

He could see that his apartment door is wide open, meaning there are other officials investigating in there.

Derek feared to find the same scene outside when he entered inside his place.

But weirdly.

It isn't.

His apartment is clean.

Not a single drop of blood.