26🔨

A couple of weeks later Chesney planned a big dinner to tell our families

Mom and dad are excited to go out to eat and Clay and Whitney are confused because they don't even know that we are dating but I'm pretty sure they have a clue.

I stop by to pick up Chesney and when she opens the door she looked beautiful dressed in a white flowy long dress and even though she doesn't have a belly yet I feel I can see it.

"Clay not here?"

"No, he went to pick up Whitney."

"They are going to die that we are dating how about we say that as our big news and then drop the bomb over dessert?"

"I like the way you are thinking Chesney," I smirked helping her into my truck.

When we get to the restaurant everyone is already inside and when we walk over to the table my mom is smiling like a Cheshire Cat that's for sure.

"Well good evening you two." Whit smiled.

"Hey, guys! Thanks for coming." I smiled pulling Chesney's seat out.

"So son tell us why are we here?" Dad asked.

I looked at Chesney and she smiled and reach for my hand under the table.

"If it's not already noticeable that Chesney and I spend a lot of time together that is because we are seeing each other and we wanted the closest people to us to know."

"Yay!" Whit clapped.

"I knew it when she wasn't coming home at night because I knew she wasn't staying at mom's and she claimed it was to see Cotton."

"In my defense Clay, it was to see Cotton at first. I love that cat." She laughed.

"Well, I am happy for you both. You look extremely happy." Mom said.

Our drinks and some appetizers were brought out and we all just talked and laughed and then our steaks came out and it took everyone a while to eat.

"Can we get dessert?" Chesney asked.

"Sure what do you want?" I ask her smiling.

"The chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream. Share with me Stone?"

"Of course."

"God you two are so icky." Clay laughed.

"Get used to it baby brother."

When the desserts get on the table I help Chesney half it so we can split it. She looks at me and I know it's time and I want her to be able to say it.

"Speaking of baby brother... We are having a baby!" Chesney laughs.

"Wait what?" Clay asks.

"Oh my god! Your pregnant?" Whit asked.

"My goodness a real baby?" Dad laughed.

"Of course real dad. She is twelve weeks and here is the sonogram picture." I hand it over to mom.

She hasn't said anything and I don't know what to think until she started to cry and jumped up and walked over to hug us both.

"I am so happy. I love that you two are a couple. I prayed for that after you left my house that night but a baby just puts the cherry on top." She smiled.

We finish our dessert while everyone passes around the sonogram.

"Mom you can keep that one we have more."

She places it at her heart and smiles. "I can not wait! This baby will be so spoiled."

"I am counting on that." Chesney laughs.

We finish our food and Stone pays for the food and then we walk out together.

Everyone hugged us and Clay hung around after.

"Sis I am so happy for you and I can't wait to be an uncle so if you need anything I am here for you."

"Thanks, Clay we are really excited too."

"Are you coming home tonight?"

"No, she will be with me," I said.

"Ok, then I guess that's a no." He laughed.

I pulled him in my arms. "Goodnight Clay love you."

"Love you too sis!"

I opened the truck door and helped her inside before heading back to my house.

I have something going on in my head and I want to ask her but I don't want to scare her. She knows how I feel and I just want to show her how much I love her.

As soon as we walked inside the house Cotton came running and meowing.

Chesney picks him up and cuddles him to her face.

I can't help but smile. I always knew the woman that would be in my life would have to love my cat.

I go and open his can of food and he doesn't even try to jump out of her arms to eat.

"Wow Cotton loves you more than food." I laugh.

"Cotton you need to eat sir and then we can cuddle in bed." She said setting him on his feet.

She walks over to me and wraps her arms around me. "Tonight went great right?"

"It really did. Did you see everyone's face when you said we are pregnant?"

"I did but the face of your mom made me tear up. I really hope I can be a great mom like her."

"I know you can sweetheart. Ready for bed?"

"I am more than ready. I am tired and my feet hurt already."

"Let's relax in bed and I will massage your feet for you."

"You don't have to do that Stone."

"I know but I want to. I love you, Chesney."

"I want to say it back but when I do I want to mean every word and feel it when I say it."

"I am a patient man and I only want to hear it when you mean it but in the meantime I want you to know how much I love you and our little baby growing inside of you."

"I never dreamed of coming back to a place I dreaded over a mother that I didn't get along with to only meet you on the same day."

"Admit it you thought I was cute."

"I can't lie. I did when I first saw you I thought wow he is handsome."

I laughed. "I knew it."