six: aftermath

Cheryl was wandering around the streets of Monza, she never went too far from the track or the hotel. Being in the center of Monza was a fresh breath of air. As she was wandering around she got some ice cream and sat by a park, eating her cup of ice cream. She really was stuck in the middle, she should've thought it through when Charles offered dinner.

She was too caught up in the moment, she was never like this. Cheryl always thought stuff through and planned everything. Let alone leave someone hanging like that, Cheryl didn't even want to think what Charles was thinking about her right now. She just didn't want Blaze to see her with Charles, alone, having dinner.

Cheryl finished her ice cream and got up from her seat calling herself a taxi back to her hotel.

-

Cheryl paid the taxi driver and got out only to see Charles sitting down on the stairs that led up to the hotel's entrance. His head was inside his hands, he didn't look that good. Cheryl walked towards the blu eyed boy, hearing her heels on cobblestones that decorated the driveway he picked his head up.

As Cheryl was about to approach him she felt a breeze of a certain brunette girl run past her to the boy she was about to approach. Charlotte got down to the height of Charles wrapping her arms around him. Cheryl felt like everything was going in slow motion as she was stopped on her track to the boy.

Charles hugged the girl that has already had her arms around him as he was looking at the blonde girl watching them with hurt written all over his face. Cheryl passed the couple going up to stairs towards the entrance. Horner girl rushed to the elevator pressing the button multiple times with a negative feeling inside her growing that she couldn't name. 

Cheryl was about to go into her room but she walked past her room to a room she never thought she would go. She knocked on the door hoping he is back from dinner. Christian opened his room door confused to see his daughter standing right in front of him.

"Cheryl? Is everything alright dear?" Christian said to his daughter that was as white as a piece of paper.

"Can I come in daddy?" Cheryl asked taking a deep breath in hoping he would say yes.

"Of course Cheryl, come on in." Papa Horner said to the Horner girl.

Cheryl stepped into her father's room, it was slightly messy and had Redbull merch he wore all the time all over it. She took her coat off and put it properly on the chair. Christian came back after he closed the door.

"Would you like a drink, I have open wine?" Christian asked the girl. Cheryl smiled seeing her father and her similarities as she had open wine sitting in her room as well.

"Wine please, even though I probably shouldn't have more." The girl said sitting on the corner of the bed.

"Have you drank a lot tonight? I heard you were at a dinner with Lando Norris." He said informing her that Blaze told him.

"Yes, we did." Cheryl said sliding it over, she didn't want to lie more tonight.

"Is there something I should know of?" Christian asked he poured down two glasses of wine for himself and one for his daughter. 

"No, he has been a great friend for the past two days. Nice to have someone close to my age." Horner girl said making sure he didn't give a wrong idea to her father.