twelve: crossed

tw: drug and alcohol use

-

Blaze let go of Lando's shoulder leaning toward his ear. "Why haven't you told me anything? I thought you were my mate." He spoke, Blaze would be more than fine seeing his best friend with his sister. He just thought Lando would come to him.

"Of course we are mates, we were just joking around. Cheryl is an amazing friend." Lando said to Blaze's ear with the loud music blasting through the speakers. Charles now only could pick up Cheryl's name in their conversations and soon see them hug it out.

Charles was confused why he outed Lando like that, he didn't feel right about it. It was so unnecessary, he was like a petty, jealous teenager. He walked toward the table filled with giant Grey Goose bottles the girls brought. He quickly poured himself a glass without chasers and downed it as he sat down next to his girlfriend.

Blaze and Lando joined the two girls that were trying to out-drink each other. Blaze laughed as he got Tehani's drink and drink himself after seeing the girl trying to not smell the vodka after 5 rounds. "You owe me for that one." Blaze whispered to Tehani. Tehani smiled at the boy's gesture as they moved on to the next round.

"You two are crazy, I mean it. Locos!" Carlos said with his thick Spaniard accent as he was the referee seeing the two tiny girls down their twelfth shots in the span of 3 minutes.

"Cheryl will out-drink anyone, she looks dainty but Spice Girl genes are very prominent." Blaze said referring to their mother's fair shares of parties back in the day.

"I want to try, but let's do tequila." Charlotte spoke making everyone turn at her.

"I don't know if that's a good idea Charlotte." Charles said to the girl.

"Be the referee, let's head to the bar, three of us." Charlotte said as she got up holding Charles's hand. "Are you coming?" Charlotte asked Cheryl. "Sure." Cheryl said with the courage given by the alcohol she already consumed.

They headed to the bar and the two girls sat down next to each on the bar stools as Charles stood somewhere between them. They did 7 shots in 2 minutes but it ended there as Charlotte rushed to the bathroom with Isa. Charles took Charlotte's place on the stools sitting next to the blonde girl as he drank his whiskey on the rocks. "Congratulations I guess." Charles said. "It was handed to me." Cheryl said laughing, she was feeling the rush of alcohol now.

"So? Don't you have something to tell me?" Charles asked, he couldn't get an answer when he told the girl he liked her earlier today.

"Hmm, let me think." Cheryl said taking a long pause. "I would say no because you definitely wouldn't expect me to tell you that I like you when you come here with your girlfriend twisting the knife you put through my heart more and more." Cheryl said licking the leftover salt on her lips as she got off her seat. "I feel like dancing." She added taking Charles's glass full of whiskey in her hand.

"You come to my house and say you like me but a few hours later you can't even dance with me." Cheryl said taking a sip from the boy's drink. Their eyes were locked with flashing lights making them feel drunker than they already were. Charles took a long breath in as he held the girl's hand, just trying the enjoy every detail of her face.

"Let's go." Charles said getting up from his seat to join Cheryl.

"Where?" Cheryl asked.