twenty-seven: yours

"It's a sunny day down Austin, Texas. We are looking at Practice Two at the moment everything seems fine on the track." Cheryl heard through her headset down at Redbull garage. 

Cheryl smiled looking at the chart and seeing Charles's name up on the list of drivers which didn't last long with Blaze ruining it.

"You look stupid, what are you smiling at?" He asked his sister, and she as an answer simply rolled her eyes and took the headset placing it on one of the counters before heading out of the Redbull garage.

She walked aimlessly knowing everyone was either watching the practice or in practice until she stumbled upon two girls in front of the Ferrari garage. They had their gaze locked up on Cheryl, not giving very positive vibes. Cheryl felt her feet backing up with their own mind over hers. Until she felt an arm lock with hers making her move forward. 

Cheryl turned her head to see her mother which made her sigh loudly with relief, never thought she would feel relief seeing one of her parents. 

"Keep your head up, you have more right to be here than trophy wags." She heard her mother say which made her laugh.

"Mum I am sorry to remind you but you are here as a wife too." Cheryl replied to her mother.

"Last I checked I was a global superstar, Spice Girls... ring a bell for you? Your father is simply the trophy hubby." Geri scoffed as they walked down the paddock which made her daughter laugh even more. "So do I have to do a mother interrogation to learn about your love life or should I simply stick to paying for those Monaco tickets?" Geri asked changing the topic.

"Mum!" Cheryl said embarrassed.

"I am all ears for you, darling." The ginger woman said to her daughter.

"We just celebrated his birthday with his family and they were extremely nice people, and felt very welcome." Cheryl simply explained not wanting to speak about how she truly felt about the Ferrari boy.

"Wait..." Geri said stopping in her tracks and looking at her daughter with a confused face. "If everything went right why is that girl still at the Ferrari garage giving you snake eyes?" She asked meaning Charlotte.

"Probably for pr or something, haven't seen Charles yet." Cheryl said playing with her fingers knowing her mother was right and Cheryl didn't like the fact that she was there either.

The conversation came to a dead end as two boys ran towards them one immediately throwing himself on Cheryl which caused her to make a disgusted face with no control over it. She tried to pull back pushing his arms away.

"Lando get away please." Cheryl said which made everyone around confused except the other boy Lando came with which was Charles. Charles knew after the information he revealed back in the Horner family house to Cheryl caused damage to the friendship between the two. He definitely didn't mean to and has been trying to talk to the girl ever since about it but every time he only got shut down. Lando pulled away with a sad face but tried to smile as much as possible, knowing the press was swarming in US races. Geri took a mental note to ask her daughter about it later on before leaving the young people alone.

"Did you see that I finished first?" Charles asked as he tried to wipe the sweat off his face with a red towel. "No, Blaze was annoying me so I left for a walk." Cheryl said crossing her arms in front of her as her eyebrows furrowed. "Not a good walk? What's up with the face?" Charles asked resting his body against the railing that had ads all over it.