fourteen: cherry-gate?

tw: mention of drugs

-

Cheryl was too stunned to speak when she saw Charlotte standing in front of her so she simply moved out of the way allowing her to come inside. Charlotte stepped inside looking at Cheryl up and down.

"Cool shirt." Charlotte spoke.

"Yeah, just for jokes." Cheryl said closing the door.

"Charles didn't miss a second last night I see." Charlotte added as she moved inside setting her purse on the dining table and seeing crepes set on the table. Cheryl followed her into the dining area. "It's not like that I had an argument with my brother." Cheryl explained, which was the truth. "I am sure though if someone told me Horner siblings weren't on good terms I don't know if I would believe." Charlotte said with sarcasm. "Nice to hear but it is the truth, you were there actually but we keep it subtle enough I guess." Cheryl said as shrugged.

"I am not here to step on your toes, I told Charles I would come but I am guessing he was distracted. I am here to get a few pieces of clothing to wear during the fashion week."  Charlotte said taking her coat off and setting it on the chair Cheryl sat on earlier.  Cheryl knew what she was doing but both of the girls had manners enough to not get into a catfight over a boy for now at least. Cheryl simply smiled as she walked to the living room.

"How nice, Milan?" Cheryl asked making small talk. "Yes, aren't you invited?" Charlotte asked walking to the clothing room. "I am obviously, I have my own brands show on October first." Cheryl said to shut the girl down. "Seems surreal." Charlotte simply said as she picked up her suitcase. "It seems like it but never is when you do it." Cheryl smiled as she heard key noises. 

"Cherry! Ah, I see you watching Drive to Survive." Charles said with his accent.

"You have a guest." Cheryl said as she walked out of the room and gave a death stare to Charles as she passed him in the hallway.

Charles looked confused but as he entered the room he started speaking French. Cheryl walked to the kitchen looking for a snack trying to shut her ears down like she could. She spoke French very well but at this moment she just wanted to forget it all. She heard the couple come down to the front door laughing. Cheryl couldn't find anything other than some veggie chips, she opened the pack anyway as she looked at them in the distance.

"Hey, Cheryl, see you if you come to Singapore. It's sad that it clashes with your runway show." Charlotte said. "You shouldn't worry about that, just enjoy your last few races." Cheryl said with a fake smile she put a kale chip in her mouth. As soon as Charlotte left she got some water.

"That is nasty." Cheryl said and chugged some water.

"When were you going to tell me you weren't coming to my race?" Charles asked as he walked into the kitchen. "Charles I totally forgot the date." Cheryl said s she rested her body against the counter.

"You didn't even invite me, how's your family going to come when they are in Singapore?" Charles questioned. "My father will get over it, believe me." Cheryl said as she rolled her eyes. "And for Blaze, I don't even think he wants to talk to me." She also added referring to last night.

"Of course, he would want to be there, I would want to be there. You have all these people that would go crazy over something like this, to support you and you just dismiss that like it's nothing." Charles said with disappointment.