Darkness

Chloe POV

My world is in darkness, can't seem to find the light ,and when I do it slowly fades away. I feel, pitty, if I were to tell someone how I feel. That feeling kills me. If I tell anyone what I am I fear they would try to change me. I don't trust anyone. All these thoughts bumping around in my head slowly floats away as I take a puff of my cigarette. I know smoking isn't good for the body, but smoking is what keeps me alive. Every time the smoke escapes my mouth it takes some of the pain along with it. Smoking is my way of relieving stress just like others who run, ride their bikes, and boxing to relieve theirs. Watching the smoke float away feels like my problems do too, the further it goes the faster my problems go along with it. 

"Chloe! Put that away." Addison said yelling from behind me. I turn to her and give her a smile while the cigarette was laying in the corner of my mouth. She rolls her eyes in response. I know cigarettes aren't good, but man sometimes I feel like a badass with one in my mouth. 

"Look I don't agree with you smoking, but you could at least not smoke at school," Addison said looking at me with concern.

" I'm sorry," I say as i throw my cigarette on the ground and step on it. I grab my phone and my bag as I stood up. Since it is the first day of class I didn't have to bring much. Just a pencil, a journal, and everything else that could distract me from paying attention to first day antics. 

"Ok let's go," I said walking towards the door.

Before I could grab the handle Addison blocked me and gave me this look of "You forgot something".

"What?" I said giving her a clueless look.

"Come here," she said moving her finger in a forward and back motion. I walked closer towards her, Just to make her mad I got right in her face. I flashed a devilish look before speaking.

"You want to kiss me?" I said giving her one of my signature smirks.

"Haha that's not funny, now open your mouth," she commanded. 

"Ohh the dominant type I see," I said joking around. "I'll get on my knees for you, mistress" I said in a submissive tone. 

"Shut up," she said slapping my shoulder.

"Now let me smell your breath," she commanded. I opened my mouth to let her smell my breath.

"Here," she said as she was rummaging through her bag, finally pulling out a silver rectangular strip. I unwrapped it and placed it in my mouth.

I puckered for a kiss and closed my eyes. After a couple of seconds, I gave her a playful pleading look and closed my eyes once again. We didn't have a crush on one another it's just something we did sometimes for fun. Nothing went further than making out, I could never get past the thought of her being a sister to me. Of course we weren't blood sisters, but it's would still freak us both out. Once she got a girlfriend thing stopped. 

Sometimes I get bored, and I play with Addison this way just out of pure boredom. Tiffany knows our past history, so there is no bad blood. Tiffany and I were friends before those two started dating. Recently things have been changing, physically and mentally for me so it's best that things stop. Anything Addison and I do Tiffany doesn't take seriously. For one example, Tiffany knows Addison is extremely in love with her and Tiffany the same. 

"Ok one," she said, but before I could lean in and connect our lips, she moved her hand blocking my access to her lips.

" just a peck ok?"

"okay" I sighed

I leaned in and gave her a slow but smooth kiss, I couldn't stop myself. I wrapped my arms around her back pulling her closer and pushed her against the door. Addison aggressively pushes me off her causing me to stumble back. "Chloe! I said a peck, not a full makeout session, but you taste like mint so that's a plus." I smile at her giving her a playful smile. "But." She says as she raises her finger. "Next time you decide to pull that again I will slap you across the face." she says as she flashes me a serious expression. Instead of agreeing I laughed at her comment.