Chapter 2

?????? POV:

I hide my face into mist man's shirt so no one could see me, the people there might have had the spicy water and they could be angry. Mist man hums and walks into a separate room from all the other people. "Can you look at me for a few minutes? I would like to ask you some questions." I look up at the misty figure and a gloved hand strokes my cheek, instinctively I nuzzle into the hand and sigh contently.

"Are you a run away?" A nod

"Where your parents abusive or mean to you in any way?" Another nod

"We're they always like that?" I shook my head

"Did it start this year?" I shake my head again and hold up six fingers. "It started six years ago?" A nod

"How old are you?" I look away, '15' was the number he got.

"Are you an age regressor?" My eyes widen for a moment before nodding

"What's your usual age when you regress?" I hold up 1 fingers then 4, "between 1 and 4?" A nod

"Are you a mute?" I shake my head, "a selective mute? Or are you usually quiet?" A nod, "both?" Another nod.

"I see. I hope you don't mind me being a bit forward here, but I wish to be your caregiver. I have experience with raising children, I raised the young master and I would never hurt you." Mist man seemed serious when he spoke. I've only just met him and I don't really trust him but how much worse could he be than my real parents? I nod and quietly say, "just for a bit....a trial.." Mist man hums again and places me onto a bed, he then turns a chair around and sits on that so we face each other.

"My name is Kurogiri. You can call me that or any name you wish. Can I ask for your name little one?" I shake my head. It seems silly but I don't want to remember the past at all, even if that means throwing away my whole name. "Give....new one.." I mumble. Mist- Kurogiri hums, "what do you think of Cho or Ena? Cho means butterfly and Ena means gift from god." I hold up one finger, "Little cho it is. I need to go back out there to make sure everyone is doing alright and I need to make drinks and food for the group."

He goes to stand up but u grab his sleeve to try and stop him. He pauses and looks between me and the door, "You can join me but you must stay behind the bar. Understand?" I nod, Kurogiri picks me up and he walks out into the same area as before. There were a lot more people than I remember.

Kurogiri picks up a small grey stool and has me sit on it then grabs a small plastic cub and fills it with something fizzy. "It's lemonade." He said. Right as he was about to turn around someone. Are up to the front, "who's the chick you got hidden away Kurogiri?" A man with a lizard mutation asks; this catches the attention of a few others who were there. "She is under my care from now on so do try not to scare her in any way. Oh and if I find out you've laid so much as a finger on her body I will-" "Calm down Kurogiri. The girl is going to be fine, plus if she's under your care I doubt anyone could touch her anyways. You'd probably teleport them into the ocean or something." The person speaking turns to me with a smile, "my name is Magne, be free to call me big sis Magne though. I prefer she/her pronouns." I nod and look up to kurogiri. "Her name is Cho." "Just Cho?" Magne says questionably but quickly gives up when Kurogiri doesn't answer back. She goes back to her previous conversation and everyone seems to get the idea and leave me be.

I wouldn't describe myself as antisocial, I'm just a bit awkward around new people and lots of people didn't like me at school either. Looking around this bar doesn't look like an ordinary bar, nor do the people who are currently occupying it. I placed the nearly empty cup beside me and rest my back against the wooden cabinet. It's been so long since I had a moment to relax like this, not fearing someone will find me, not scared father will hurt me either. It was nice.

———

No one's POV:

Awhile later when most of the people in the bar either left, passed out or went into some room off to the side. Kurogiri took this as a chance to have a quiet talk with Cho. He brought her here promising he'd care for her and protect her whether she was big or small. So he crouched down and caught the attention of the half asleep girl. "Hey...Do you not feel like regressing?" She shook her head. "What is the issue?" She mumbles something but he doesn't quite catch it so she repeated herself again.

"'S not safe. Secret." "You have to regress in secret?" She nods and makes a hand signal, it look like she saluted twice. It was the British sign for danger. Kurogiri only knew basic JSL and he had no clue what she said. "Can you use JSL." He asks and Cho nods. She spells out the word 'danger', "you think it's dangerous?" She nods again and Kurogiri felt like he was at an impasse.

She wanted to regress but she didn't feel safe enough to, she didn't trust him or the people at the bar enough to regress freely. 'Time. It takes time' he told himself mentally.

Word count: 975