𝟭

𝟎𝟏 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

✯☾✯

'𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 on the street is always the one with the most life in it.'

A quote the Brown family stood by. Their house was in fact the smallest on a shabby street on the edge of Beacon Hills and yet you could feel the most love and hear the most laughter from anywhere in the quaint town.

That morning was no different. A 16-year-old girl sat on an old chair next to the round wooden table in her kitchen, pondering at the fullness of her glass of orange juice. Her light brown hair was carefully curled and sat neatly just past her breasts. Her eyelashes, that hung above her beautiful blue eyes, were laced with a little mascara and her lids were dabbed with her favourite eyeshadow. It was a faint, tinted pink with a small amount shimmer and glitter. The same shimmer and glitter as the specs in the gloss she'd so carefully applied to her lips ten minutes ago.

Her 5,2 frame was covered with a low-neck cotton t-shirt dotted with miniature blue flowers. On her bottom half she wore a pair of simple beige, baggy pants which were held up curtesy of a brown belt with a gold buckle. A crescent moon necklace hung from her neck, her mothers.

Every year on the first day of school, the girl's mother would lend her the necklace for good luck. And even after she had passed, the girl still carried on the tradition of wearing her mother's lucky piece of jewellery.

The girls mind flicked back to the incredible woman she called her mother as she brought the last of her orange juice up to her lips. She remembered the same cheesy thing her mom would say to her and her brother before they left for school.

"If you smile and be yourself, how could anyone not love you?" She'd say with her own grin the seemed to be permanently plastered on her lips. Amelia Brown had a smile that could end wars.

The brunette's thoughts were interrupted by a loud screech coming from the living room.

"No! I don't want to!"

"Davis, Davis come and be a good boy for daddy."

The girl sighed and pushed herself up from the table. She placed her empty glass in the sink and followed the complaining into the living room. There, she was met with her red-faced father who was trying and failing to pull her little brother away from the couch. Davis had latched his clammy hands to the leg of the couch and refused to let go.

Her dad looked up to the new presence in the room and gave his daughter a forced smile as if to say- Everything's okay don't worry, not going to throw this little shit out the house or anything.

The girl laughed at the very one-sided battle going on before her. "Dad!" She yelled over the commotion. "Dad, leave him. I'll deal with it."

The man breathed a sigh of relief and let go of his son's legs. He stood up, his back cracking as he did so. "You're a star Lizzie. I don't know what happened. He was absolutely fine with it last night." He shook his head despairingly.