𝟮𝟮

𝟐𝟐 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒌𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒎𝒂

✯☾✯

Lizzie and Stiles followed closely behind Scott within the shadows, looking more sinister than they needed to be. They'd been told to wait behind in the car as Scott went looking for the kanima but, like always, the hyperactive pair had ignored their best friend.

Scott turned, jumping in a start when he noticed Stiles and Lizzie beside him. Situated someplace downtown Beacon Hills, the trinity concealed themselves behind a wall near, what looked like, a club.

"Did you see where he went?" Stiles questioned, he looked up, scanning the rooftops. It seemed that was Jackson's preferred method of transportation.

"I lost him." Scott murmured, only half listening. His werewolf abilities were turned up as far as they could go, all senses searching for a jackass lizard.

"What? You couldn't catch his sent?" Stiles exclaimed, sounding slightly alarmed.

Scott looked at the boy thoughtfully, mind racing with ample possibilities. "I don't think he has one."

Lizzie gnawed anxiously on the inside of her lip, speaking up for the first time. "Do you know where he's going?"

"To kill someone." Scott deadpanned, searching Lizzie's face for recognition.

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Stiles sassed. Lizzie smiled, it had been a while since she'd heard the boy's signature sarcasm.

Scott, however, glared at Stiles, unhappy with the timing of his witty remark.

Stiles noticed the disappointment. "What? Scott, come on. I'm one hundred and forty-seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone- sarcasm is my only defense!"

Scott sighed. After spending most of his life with the Stilinski boy, he was very much used to his presumptuous personality.

"Just help me find it."

"Not 'it'-Jackson."  Stiles reminded him.

Lizzie wasn't really listening to the conversation at hand. Her main focus was lively que, a loud rabble of noise that was greatly distracting her. It seemed that lots of little things distracted her, no matter how small or loud. There was something in the back of her mind that was making her unable to block out unimportant distractions or visual distractions in order to focus on important matters.

A finger snapped in her face, disrupting her.

"Oi, tiny, you listening?" Stiles basically hollered down her ear. Lizzie jumped, blinking until she was focused again.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I was listening." She blurted, scratching the back of her neck awkwardly.

"All right, tell me what I just said then." Stiles put his hands on his hips. He kind of reminded Lizzie of a strict mom.