𝟮𝟬

𝟐𝟎 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒔

✯☾✯

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒖𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒒𝒖𝒐𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒈𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔, the shadows of lazy ripples sketched across Lizzie's face.

"All right," Stiles huffed, unwillingly starting to explain. "The thing was pretty slick-looking. Um- skin was dark. Kind of pattered. Uh-"

"Kinda like a basilisk." Lizzie offered. She shrugged her shoulders, rocking back and forward on the balls of her feet.

"No, not at all like a basilisk." Stiles reaffirmed. "Uh- I think I actually saw scales though. Is that enough? Because I have someone I really need to talk to."

No response from Derek or Erica.

The Stilinski boy groaned. "Fine. Uh, eyes are, um, yellowish and silted. Um- It has a lot of teeth. Oh, and it's got a tail, too."

Clicking her tongue, Lizzie looked up from the squares of black and white tiles she'd found herself focused on.

There was something weird. Both Derek and Erica weren't watching Stiles, they weren't even listening to him. Instead, their eyes were glued on something above Lizzie and Stiles. A thick, grey cloud of fear crept across Erica's features.

"Are we good?" Stiles persisted.

Slowly, very slowly, Lizzie followed the two wolves gaze, turning slightly so she could get a better view.

She noticed the eyes first. A sinister yellow with obsidian slits cut through. It was crouched but still looked roughly the size of an average human although it was far from it. Mucilaginous, green skin covered in moulding scales glimmered in the dim lighting. From its behind, sprouted a long prehensive tail.

"What?" Stiles noticed the look on their faces as the strange creature began to climb the railings surrounding the platform. "Wait, have you seen it?"

"You have this look on your faces like you know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Sti," Lizzie tugged then sleeve of the boy's red tracksuit. He turned to her, clocking the terror swept across her face, shadowing Derek and Erica's.

At the sound of intimidating hissing, Stiles finally twisted his neck to see the same lizard-like creature he saw at the garage. It shrieked malignantly, bearing it's black teeth that were dripping with some sort of repulsive substance.

Stiles jumped back, dragging Lizzie with him just as the creature dropped from the platform.

Derek crouched, snarling at the lizard. Erica was tossed to the side like she was nothing, hitting the wall and landing unconscious.