Never anger the criminal

Winny's P.O.V.

"I don't care who's fault is it, ms. Darcy. All I care about is that these boys will see ms. Walt after school on friday for detention." Principal Ruffs said.

Both boys rolled their eyes and I nodded. Well there was obviously no point in fighting with the principal. These boys were toast.

"I understand, Principal R. I'll do my best next time, it's too bad I'll have to miss soccer practice though." James said and the principal sighed.

Oh hell no. There was no point in getting out of detention. Not with mr. R.

"You know what James? I don't care. I'll be seeing both of you on friday." Principal R said and stood up.

Both boys immediately rushed from their seats and James shoved Patch a bit, leaving immediately.

James looked at me once, licking his lips which made me sick. Patch pushed him a bit, wrapping his arm around me and dragging us outside.

"What's with you and James, Patch?" I asked and looked at his serious face.

He wasn't looking at me and sighed, shaking his head once and let go of me.

"It's nothing, hey I've got to go alright?" He said and walked outside to the parking lot.

Something wasn't right.

♡♡♡

It's been a week since Patch didn't talk to me. Was he angry about me invading his personal space? Was it nosey of me to ask what the deal with James and him was?

"Hey, Winny! Hey!" I heard someone call and it definitely wasn't the librarian I hung out with.

It was a boy's voice, I turned around and looked at the owner of it.

There stood Sam Harrison. He was definitely different from his brother.

Unlike his brother, he had a heart.

"Umm, me?" I asked him with a laugh.

Was a boy talking to me for no apparent reason at all? Was a human being not afraid to be seen talking to me in public?

"Is there any other Winny here? I mean if there is another, I don't think she's here at the moment." He said and looked around, making sure I was the only Winny.

I let out a laugh and nodded. He was right, I just had to believe he wanted to talk to me.

"Yeah, I guess. What did you call me for?" I asked and he looked nervous.

He scratched the back of his neck and sighed. He looked at me nervously and gave me a sad smile.

"Well, I want to say sorry for my brother. He's kind of rude and controlling. I mean trust me, sometimes he even asks for my help." He said and I nodded.

Asks for Sam's help? I gave him a smile and looked at him.

"It's fine, I mean I know how James could be." I told him and he nodded.

He let out a laugh and looked around, as if a new topic would spring out from somewhere. He then looked back at me again and I gave him an encouraging smile.

"Umm, Winny. I've got to ask you something. I mean I've meant to ask it before, but I was nervous." He said and I nodded, letting him continue.

"Will you--" Before he asked the question, he was immediately grabbed away from me.

Patch?

Patch flung Sam to the lockers and Sam looked scared. Sam was nothing like his brother. Why was Patch hurting him?