Never replace a criminal

Patch's P.O.V

I fucked up, bad.

Well, none Nof it is my fault. I mean I didn't do anything wrong. My friends are just scumbags.

I walked to my room right after I watched Winny leave, grabbing a beer. I needed to get wasted, I needed to relax. This was probably a nightmare. I'll wake up soon.

She'll come back to me tomorrow.

"Patchy!" I heard one of the twins call, probably Rocco.

He dashed inside the room and looked at my slumped figure, and the bottle in my hand.

"Woah, everything okay?" Rufus asked, just entering the room.

I glared at them. I wasn't thinking straight at the moment. I needed to be alone for a while.

"No, It isn't! You ruined this for me." I told them and took another swig from my bottle.

The door oppened wider and Rob entered the room, taking off his most dear gray hoodie he always like to wear.

"Who ruined what? Woah, don't you drink only when you're feeling bad?" Rob asked and I shook my head.

"She's gone, because of you!" I screamed at them and before I could drink again, Rob appeared before me and took my bottle.

I needed that beer!

"Give it back!" I commanded and Rob shook his head, handing the bottle to Rufus.

He sat next to me and with a movement of his head, told the twins to leave.

"Dude, you've got to tell me what you're talking about. I don't recall us doing anything." Rob told me and I shoved him.

Not doing anything?!

"You attempted to drug her, Rob!" I told him and rubbed my face with my hands.

Rob sighed and shook his head.

"You're saying Winny's gone because we tried to drug her? Dude, that was decades ago! She'd already forgiven us, didn't she?" Rob asked and I shook my head.

It's also their fault that she left. Three strikes to be exact.

Belle, My friends, The sirens.

"Whatever man, she left. She said that my friends were being complete assholes to her, she couldn't take it anymore. You should've seen her. She looked as if she thought she was the most hated thing in the world." I told him and took a swing at him.

He ducked just in time and my fist landed on the wall behind him.

I screamed in agony and Rob looked shocked.

"Fuck dude! I'll go get Teddy." Rob said and ran outside, just in time for him to collide with Teddy, entering the room.

"What th- Patch?! Have I lost it or is your fucking fist bleeding?!" Teddy asked and I rolled my eyes.

Stupid friends.

♡♡♡

Winny's P.O.V.

Well that's that I guess. What was I thinking, hanging out with someone like him?

We were so different, it was as if he wanted to stay young forever. He was so reckless and rebellious.

We are all going to grow up someday and it doesn't matter if I'm a loser who doesn't know how to party.

We're all going to have jobs in the future and take care of families and right now, all I had to was maintain my good grades.

"Hey Winny!" I heard someone call as I walked down the halls.

Patch? Didn't he get the signal that I didn't want to see him again?

I turned around and had a hint of dissapointment when I saw it was Sam trying to catch up to me.

Wait, dissapointment? I shouldn't be dissapointed, Patch needed to stay away from me and I should be happy he isn't trying to bother me.

Right?

"Winny, hey. Umm, we still on for that date? I mean you didn't really give me a concrete answer. I mean you told me you would bu-" He went on and on and I found it adorable how he was so nervous around him.

I know he was scared of Patc, but Patch was no longer in my life. If Patch wanted to bother us he should know that I don't want to see him again and maybe I needed to hang out with someone more mellow.

"I know, you're afraid Patch'll beat you up again. Don't worry, we aren't really on good terms right now..." I told him and he nodded, giving me a sympathetic frown.

He hesitantly placed his hand on my shoulder and sighed.

"I'm sorry. I mean I know I should hate him, but I feel really bad that he lost someone like you in his life. You two were good together?" Sam said slowly, trying to find words to sound somewhat supportive.

I let out a laugh and gave him a smile. He was really sweet for saying that. I nodded and brightened up a bit, composing myself.

"So about that date?" I asked and he instantly brightened up.

He nodded and raised a finger, obviously excited to tell me about the whole thing.

"Yeah, umm I was going to take you to Neverland but it's fine if you don't want to. I know you aren't in good terms with the owner and I'm sort of not alright with Patch either so, I was thinking the aquarium?" He asked slowly and I sighed, pretending to be upset with him.

He began to talk again but I let out a laugh, stopping him.

"I was just messing with you, Sam. I'll go out with you. Pick me up at 7 okay?" I asked and he quickly nodded.

"Sure, I'll see you tonight. Bye!" He rushed, with a grin on his face and walked away.

He was so adorable, really different from Patch though.

Wait, Patch?!

I shouldn't compare him to Patch, besides I think Sam is good for me. He's smart, nice, cute, considerate and most importantly, very different from Patch.

I needed someone like him and I guess I had a date with him tonight.

. . .

Hunter Parrish   as    Fox