Never open the door for just anyone

Patch's P.O.V.

"No!" I woke up to screams.

What the hell was happening? Those screams sounded like the Lost Boys.

I quickly got dressed, noticing Winny was gone from the bed. What the hell?! She was usually a heavy sleeper, I usually woke up first, what was wrong?

She must have been making breakfast. She should be.

I quickly ran down the stairs, waiting to see Winny. She must be making a lot of food if she woke up this early.

Winny wasn't making breakfast. In fact she wasn't there at all. Out swimming with Jonas?

I walk into the next room, seeing frowns on the Lost Boys' faces. What was going on?

"Patch!" Rufus says and I eye them all suspiciously.

They seemed nervous. What's going on with them? They all looked sad.

Teddy sighed, standing up and walking to me, handing me a piece of paper from behind him. What's this?

"What the hell was going on? Where's Winny? You guys are freaking me out." I tell them and Rob sighs.

"Read it Patch. It'll explain everything." Fox says and I hesitantly take the letter from Teddy, plopping down in a seat next to them, as they watched me read.

Dear Patch,

I never regret the days I've had with you. No matter how much we fought, no matter how much you'd always be so possessive and tough even though you're soft and cuddly on the inside, I could never hate you. I love you. I love you so much that I decided to do something good for the both of us. After you told me about Mike, I thought about it and came up with a plan. As you're reading this, I'll probably be at home already, asking my parents to not arrest you in exchange for me staying and never seeing you again. I know that not seeing each other was the reason we ran away in the first place, but this is for the best. If I stay, I'll get to finish school, and you won't be arrested. Don't you worry, as long as I am wearing your rings, I'll never forget you. We'll always be together and I'll always remember the days you've given me. I know that forever is an awfully long time, but that's the time that I will never stop loving you, Patch Peters. I love you.

Your Fiancee,
Birdy

I look up from the piece of paper and stare at them all silently. They all frowned at me and I shake my head.

No No No. This was impossible.

"Okay, which one of you wrote this?" I ask them all, releasing laugh.

They all look at me with a frown and they shake their heads.

"None of us did, Patch. Winny and Jonas are gone." Teddy says and I shake my head, no this couldn't be happening.

She ran away? Just like that. She didn't even tell me? There's was probably a boat's man who took her there.

I was going to have a little chat with the boat's man right now.

. . .

"Sir! I swear. She told me it was okay with you. I took her back to the dock on the other side." He says, as I clutch the collar of his shirt up, as he hangs from my grip.

I sigh, releasing him at once, as he falls to the ground with a thud.

"Patch, there's no use. We don't know for sure if Winny's parents granted her wish. For all I know, her parents could probably catch you once you set foot on the other dock. I think we should just stay here." Rufus says and I sigh, shaking my head and turning to them.

I didn't care what the hell her parents thought. They didn't understand.

"Fuck the parents, I'm getting Winny back." I tell them and they shake their heads.

No one could stop me. If I get arrested, so be it. As long as I get to see Winny one more time, my year sentence would be complete. I just couldn't stand the thought of never seeing her again.

"I'm leaving okay. You can stay the heck here." I say and walk back to the house, finding my phone.

I needed a boat to see Winny, and I needed it fast.

. . .

Winny's P.O.V.

I was alone today. Jonas had to catch up on his nursery class, and it was the weekend. Mike had work in Neverland, so I was here alone, catching up on my reading. The thing I always did, before Patch.

Patch.

I was never going to see him again, was I? I guess I should try and just forget about him. The chances of seeing each other were very low.

I'm so sorry Patch. I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I just needed to do this for us. I know it hurts, but seeing you in prison would hurt more.

I hear the phone ring and pick it up, seeing that it's Nan on the phone.

"Hey." I mutter with a sniffle, wiping my nose.

I've been moping all day, this is what a break up probably feels like. I sigh and hear Nan's voice.

"Hey girl! Do you want me to come over today? We can try on outfits, and I'll bring ice cream. Come on, it'll be great." I hear Nan's eager voice over the line and I let out a forced laugh.

Ice cream? That does sound tempting. Who in their right minds would say no to ice cream?

"What flavor?" I ask her and she lets out a laugh over the phone.

It all depended on the flavor, didn't it Winny?

"Pistachio, Mint chocolate chip and my favorite, Strawberry!" Nan says and my stomach growls at that.

Whoops.

"Whatever, Win. I could practically hear your stomach growling over the phone. I'm coming over anyways." Nan says and hangs up.

She was so persistent.

I sighed and I heard a doorbell ring.

My parents weren't coming home until 8 PM. Mike was at work, and Jonas was at school.

Was Nan calling me from outside my house? Silly girl.

I walk to the door and swing it open, trying to plaster a smile on my face.

My smile quickly falls as I gasp as a bag is placed over my head and I am taken away.