Chapter 14 ~ Lay Me Down

I woke up with a text message and feeling that something's different.

"Morning baby ;)" Trevor messaged me. Oh, so we're a THING now?

"Wrong number" I replied, turned off my phone because I don't want hearts floating everywhere.

I went downstairs and head to the dining table to eat cereals. My parents are not here because they have a meeting today so I'm alone.

I did binge-watch series and movies then I thought about Red so I went to check on my phone.

I opened it again and I got two new messages, I opened Trevor's message.

"I know it's you Betty ur just shy. and damn ur lips r so soft ;)" He said and I did blush. A LITTLE.

"Trevor. STOP. PLEASE. STOP. I DID NOT MEANT TO KISS YOU AND CAN WE PLEASE FORGET ABOUT THE NIGHT AND EVERYTHING." I replied. He didn't reply for a long time so I checked the second message I received a few minutes ago.

I read the message, tears uncontrollably start to fall, I held a furniture for support but I fell, I heard a beep of my phone I didn't open it. I curled myself up and weep.

"This is Rachel's mother. My daughter is rushed to the hospital. Please pray for her or at least visit her. Please tell her that she will be safe."

I quickly rushed to the hospital and went to the counter. "RACHEL EBONI DARE WHERE IS SHE?"

"She's at room 312 at the third—" the nurse said when I quickly ran to the elevator but it was so slow I had to take the stairs.

Tears started falling, heart pounding, I started wailing, my feet tripping.

"Nonononono" I said. As I reached the last step, noticing all the scars since I was tripping a few times.

I opened the door and saw Rachel's mother pacing back and forth. "BETTY!" She hugged me and I hugged her back.

"how's she? What's happening to her?" I said quickly, wiping my tears off.

"cri— critical co—condition" She sat down and started to cry.

I lean against a wall and couldn't cry. Thinking that the tears will be a waste.

There will be a time when somebody leaves you without you being ready.

And that is what's happening to me. My life's a mess. Everything.

An hour later, RED's in a 'kind of' stable condition. So the nurses let her parents visit her.

I just sat there, thinking of the things to say to RED. I'm not yet ready but I can do this.