Chapter XIII

Fast forward to a few weeks later, everything was going splendidly. He did inject some strange things into your arm occasionally, but nothing happened which made him feel rather frustrated. Still, he didn't do anything to hurt you purpefully, which made you skeptical; "Is he really as evil as the rumors describe him, or have I been scared for no reason all this time?"

As time passed and you spent more time with him, he would sometimes try to start conversatios with you. You found the topics rather strange and it made you internally laugh how such a scary individual is actually socially awkward and is unable to start conversations properly. He would start speaking out of the blue, too. Not to mention how, due to his complex vocabulary, you sometimes couldn't understand his point, which embarrassed the doctor a little.

You felt less uneasy as you got closer, well, closer isn't the correct word exactly, you just started being used to him and he started being used to you. You didn't talk about many things other than his experiments, and you started being more confident to respond to him. You felt safer knowing that his experiments weren't harmless, but a deep thought always bothered you, what if those experiments were just unsuccessful, what if he someday doesn't fail and something does happen to you? You tried to ignore these thoughts but deep inside you knew you couldn't — and you were terrified.