Chapter XVI

You were still confused, however. He was in the kitchen, wasn't he? How did he end up in here? You wanted to ask him, but decided not to; maybe your brain was just playing tricks on you after all. You just brushed it off, although you were visually in shock.

He picked up your trembling hand, "Let's have breakfast, shall we?", he muttered with a friendly tone, you shook your head and thus he opened the door, revealing a lively and bright room. The room was split in half; namely half of it served as a kitchen whilst the other had a couch and a bookshelf, in other words it was a living room. There was also a medium-sized dining table inbetween the kitchen and the living room.

You noticed someone standing in the kitchen — it was Dottore, so your eyes weren't failing you after all, you thought to yourself. "Wait what?", you mumbled by accident. "Oh, you don't know about my segments, do you now?", the doctor said, his words followed by a soft laughter. "Segments?", you asked him, feeling dumb, "Indeed, segments. In other words, I created clones of myself to assist me with a variety of tasks", he replied, holding onto your hand.

"Have a seat, please", he walked to the chair and pulled it out, treating you like some kind of superior. "Oh, thank you", you said. You wanted to remind that man know you're married already, but decided not to — it's not like your spouse would care if you cheated, in fact, they're probably doing the same thing right this second.

He sat next to you, leaning towards your chair, you were too close and you had no idea what this Harbinger's motives exactly were. 'Why is he treating me so nicely?', you said to yourself. While you were trying to figure out Dottore's motives, you were caught off guard when one of his so called segments delivered the food to the both of you.