Chapter XXX

Without a second thought, you put the scalpel through his neck and let go of him. His body fell on the ground and his body was bleeding out. The blood spread through his neck and onto your shoes, dying them red in the process.

"I knew you were not to be trusted", a voice was heard from behind you. "Fortunately for you, dear, that was but a mere clone, the original is right here", the voice, which you could only assume belonged to the real Dottore, said. Your face became pale from the realization. "You thought you could kill me so easily? You? A pure mortal?", he couldn't stop laughing. "You're such a fool", after a while, he stopped laughing.

"You.. knew?", you asked, your legs about to go numb from the shock. "Of course. I have been pulling the strings this whole time. In fact, I'm many more steps ahead than you might think", he explained, "Remember the injection? Well.. I have some unfortunate news for you", he added.

As soon as he said that, your veins started aching, and you fell to the ground in pain. He looked down on you and placed his foot on your face. You laid to the ground helplessly and died painfully. All your insides were deteriorating and your heartbeat slowly slowed down. You were dying.

"We could have been so good together, if only you didn't push me away, darling. This is all your doing", he teased. "Rest in peace", he told you, removing his foot from your face. You died, and you didn't even get to say your last words. You didn't get to apologize to the archons for sinning, namely committing a murder. You felt nothing but guilt.

Your life was shameful. You lead a lonely life and thus died lonely, without even saying goodbye to your loved ones. You had lost everyone you ever adored, and died in an attempt to take vengeance. Thus, you had a final conclusion;

Not all stories have a good end and sometimes your pains don't have gains. It's destiny, and it cannot be altered.