Chapter XXVIII

A day had passed since that injection, and everything was going smoothly and you had already made up your mind. You knew what you had to do in order to free yourself and finally escape from the doctor.

'Tomorrow, I will be going through with my plan. I will attempt to eliminate Dottore, the 2nd of the 11 Fatui Harbingers.'

The plan was not simple at all. It was fairly complicated, in fact, and you were truly testing your luck by going through with it. You wanted to try to embrace him and get him to take off his mask, merely so you can confirm it was in fact the real Dottore and not another segment. Afterwards, you would pick up a sharp object from his desk, and stab the back of his neck with it. If you managed to do all of that, he would surely die of blood loss, right? What else could go wrong?

You were still doubtful, you had sworn to yourself that human life is essential, and that you will by no means resort to violence. Yet, your pure desperation to escape from this prison made you break that promise. A promise you completely forgot you made.

It seemed as if this whole situation had impacted you. You turned from a confident individual who never lets anyone or anything disrespect them to a total moron. An obedient puppet, who would do anything they're told. You didn't even realized how much you changed.

Everything happens for a reason, they say. That all your suffering pays off in the end. But was this truly the case?