Chapter XXIV

Time flew quickly, and your parents had died about a week ago. You still didn't manage to mourn their passing, it was all to sudden and painful. You were awfully quiet. You truly could not talk to Dottore or even look him in the eyes. You felt nothing but misery and isolation.

"You've been awfully quiet lately, does there seem to be an issue?", the doctor's words snapped you back to reality. Really, though, it wasn't his voice nor the ironic question, it was his touch. His cold hand placed on the side of your neck, as if he was intentionally trying to wake you up from your 'conscious unconsciousness'. You sighed and shook your head in disagreement. "You have a voice and a mouth, hence you can speak like a normal being, no?", he mocked you.

You were hesitant to speak and your stomach felt a slight pain. It wasn't the type of pain you usually get when you eat something bad, nor was it a pain from love. It was a stomach pain caused by stress, but what was stressing you out? Him? His presence? His mockery? What was it that was so intimidating about him? Why did you feel so scared of him all of a sudden?

"I'm sorry."

That was the only word you could bring yourself to say. Your only, pathetic, response to his irony was an apology. But what were you apologizing about? You didn't do anything wrong. He did. Yet, like a fool, you kept apologizing for no reason. And obviously, he picked on you for it.

"Sorry? Sorry for what? I asked you whether something is wrong, I cannot seem to think of any possible reason why you are apologizing", Dottore complained. "Well, everything is fine", you felt as if the words slipped out of your mouth like you were on autopilot mode. You didn't have any control over your mouth nor voice. As if you were just a puppet, to be used in some sacrifice. So where is the real you? How will manage to you take over your body and words? And speak up about the trauma you're experiencing due to Dottore's pure hatred for you.

Was it hatred or was it obsession? I suppose this question will remain forever unanswered.