Chapter XXV

"I see, so, how could I make it up to you, darling?", Dottore's words were smooth, like a liquid. You didn't respond. Your only wish was to escape this pain, this endless cycle of freedom and disappointment, all set up by the doctor. You were a pawn used for his own pleasure. Your emotions were a mere game to his eyes.

"I don't know", you replied. This response felt more like it was yours. You started feeling like yourself again. Perhaps if you tried to fix your shattered relationship with Dottore, everything would change for the better.

He moved his hand from the side of your neck to your cheek and brought his unmasked face closer to yours. "My dear [name], would you accept my apology if I gave you a small kiss?", he smiled, or smirked, you truly couldn't tell the difference anymore. Out of the blue, you could feel his cold lips on your cheek. Your shoulders shook in surprise.

"Was that a sign of pleasure?", he teased. You looked away and did not respond whatsoever. But it seemed like, the more you took his statements for granted, the more affection he showed. His affection was sickening, though. The more he isolated you, the more you started to feel stuck with him 'till your last day.

Or maybe his last day.