Ch. II - SOMETHING WEIRD

▪︎ 🔥☀️🌆 ▪︎

▪︎ 🔥☀️🌆 ▪︎

Chapter Two☀️ Something Weird ☀️

Chapter Two
Something Weird ☀️

Thomas slowly walked into a large room full of long tables, chairs and other people his age sitting around talking and eating. "Hey, Thomas!" Minho said as he walked up to Thomas, "Hey, Minho, what's going on?" Thomas asked.

"We weren't the only maze. Come on." Minho said before leading him to a table where the group, except for Teresa, sat with a couple unfamiliar faces. "And there was this big, loud explosion, and these guys came out of nowhere. Started shooting up the place." A guy, David, said as they walked up.

"It was intense." The guy next to him, Riley, said and David nodded, "They pulled us out of the maze and brought us here." He said. "What about the rest?" Newt asked, making them look at him, "The other people left behind in the maze, what happened to them?" Newt asked and David shrugged slightly.

"I don't know. I guess WICKED still has them." David said, making Thomas and Newt glance at each other, "How long you guys been here?" Newt asked. "Not long. Just a day or two. That guy over there has been here the longest." David said, looking over at where a guy sat with his hood up.

"Almost a week." David said as they all looked over at the two, "His maze was nothing but girls." Riley said, making Minho look at him with raised eyebrows. "Really?" He asked and David shrugged, "Some guys have all the luck." He said.

"Good evening, gentlemen. Ladies." Janson said as he walked in with Ansel behind him making everyone look at him, "You all know how this works. If you hear your name called please rise in an orderly fashion, join my colleagues behind me where they will escort you to the eastern wing. Your new lives are about to begin." Janson said before opening up a file.

Ansel glanced around the cafeteria before his eyes landed on the table that the Gladers sat. His eyes connected with Newts for a moment before Janson started talking again.

"Connor. Evelyn. Justin. Peter. Allison. Squiggy." Janson listed making some of the kids laugh. "All right. Settle down. Franklin. And Abigail." Janson said before closing his file, making everyone groan. "Now, now, don't get discouraged. If I could take more, I would. There's always tomorrow. Your time will come. Go on, eat up." Janson said and some people clapped as he said something to Ansel before walking away.

"Where are they going?" Minho asked and David sighed softly, "Far from here. Lucky bastards." David said as he turned to them. "Some kind of farm. A safe place. They can only take in a couple of people at a time." Riley said, turning to the group as well.

Ansel waited until he couldn't see Janson anymore before walking over to the boy who sat alone. He leaned down against the table and whispered something, making the boy nod.

Thomas glanced over at the windows right as Teresa and a couple doctors walked past making him furrow his brows. "What the hell?" He muttered before getting up, "Hey, Teresa?" Thomas called out making everyone look at him, including the boy from the other table, who took his hood off and Ansel, who stood up straighter.

"Teresa!" Thomas yelled, about to walk out the room but a guard stopped him, "Hey, hey, hey." The man said. "Where are they taking her?" Thomas asked and the man shook his head slightly, "They just have to run a few more tests. Don't worry, they'll be done with her soon." The man said.

"Is she okay?" Thomas asked, not noticing Ansel walking over, "She's fine, Thomas." He said and Thomas looked back at him for a moment before looking back out the window. "You'll be able to see her soon." Ansel said as he comfortingly patted Thomas' shoulder before walking away.

☀️

After eating, the group followed a man to a room filled with bunk beds. "Oo, I got top bunk." Fraypan said as he walked over to one of the bunk beds but Minho quickly ran over and jumped on stop, "Too slow." He said.

Winston sighed softly as he laid down on one of the beds before smiling, "I could get used to this." He said. "Yeah. It's not bad." Newt said as he glanced around before the door closed and there was a locking sound. "Hey, what do you think those guys want with Teresa?" Thomas asked, making Newt look at him.

"Now, if there's one thing I know about that girl, she can take care of herself. Don't worry about it." Newt said before climbing up to one of the top bunks.

A little while later, most of the lights were out and all the guys were asleep, except for Thomas. All of the sudden there was a rattling sound making Thomas furrow his brows slightly before sitting up. "Psst..." Someone whispered making his eyes widen, "Hey. Down here." The person whispered again and Thomas' brows furrowed before he looked under his bed.

In the vent below his bed, was the boy from the cafeteria. "Oh, my God." Thomas started to say but the boy quickly put his finger to his lips and made a shushing sound. "Come on. Follow me." The boy whispered and Thomas looked at him confused, "What?" He asked as the boy started backing up in the vent.

A few seconds later, Thomas crawled into the vent until he reached a corner where he saw the boy waiting for him. "Hurry, this way. Come on." The boy said before going down the vent again, making Thomas sigh and follow him.

"Hey, wait a second. What the hell are we doing?" Thomas said, making the boy stop and turn to him, "Come on, we're gonna miss it." The boy said before moving again. "What the hell am I doing?" Thomas whispered to himself as he followed behind the boy.

Thomas turned a corner to find not only the boy, but also Ansel. "I almost thought you weren't going to follow." Ansel said and Thomas looked at him confused before crawling over.

"Watch." The boy said as they looked down an opening to the vent that overlooked a hallway. A second later, Dr. Crawford walked into view, followed by some gurney that had someone's vitals on it. Thomas furrowed his brows before he moved to the other side to get a better view.

Dr. Crawford swiped a key card through a reader making a door open. She stood back, letting people wheel in multiple of the gurneys, before walking in herself, the door closing behind her.

"What the hell was that?" Thomas said, looking up at the boy and Ansel, "They bring in new ones every night like clockwork." The boy said. "You know what they do with them?" Thomas asked, looking at Ansel who sighed and shook his head. "I have no idea. My keycard works on every door in this place, except for that one. The vents don't even go into that section." Ansel said as he glanced at the boy.

"All we've been able to find out is that once they go through that door, they don't come back out. Whatever is inside there, they don't trust me enough to know." Ansel said as he looked back at Thomas and the boy nodded, "I don't think anybody ever really leaves this place." He said. "Come on. We've gotta go before somebody notices any of us are gone." Ansel said and the boy nodded and they started to leave but Thomas spoke up.

"Why did you show me this?" He asked making them look at him, "Because maybe the others will listen to you." Ansel said, making him look at him. "There's something weird going on here. And we know you think so, too." The boy said before they started to leave.

"Hey, wait." Thomas said, making them stop and look at him again, "What's your name?" Thomas asked, looking at the boy. "Aris." The boy said before crawling through another section of the vent. "We were friends once, Thomas. We worked together." Ansel said, making Thomas look at him, "I just hope you're still the same person you were before they took your memories." Ansel said before following Aris.