Ch. V - LOST A FRIEND

▪︎ 🔥☀️🌆 ▪︎

▪︎ 🔥☀️🌆 ▪︎

Chapter Five☀️ Lost A Friend ☀️

Chapter Five
Lost A Friend ☀️

Thomas slowly woke up and glanced around until he saw a crow pecking at one of their bags. "Hey! Get out of here!" Thomas said as he got up making the crow fly off as everyone else woke up. Thomas glanced at everyone for a moment before standing up to look around.

"Are they gone?" Newt asked and Thomas nodded, "Yeah, I think we're safe for now." He said and Ansel took a deep breath as he started to get up. "We should probably get moving before they come back." He said and Thomas nodded in agreement, "Let's pack it up." He said. Winston tried to get up but the littlest movement made him groan in pain. "Hey, man. You okay?" Frypan asked as he held his hand out to Winston to help him up.

They all climbed up the rubble and now that it was day time, they could finally see what the world around them looked like. There were many tall buildings but every single one of them were falling apart, some more than others.

"What the hell happened to this place?" Frypan asked as they walked down the road, glancing around at all the buildings. "I don't know. It doesn't look like anyone's been here in a long time." Newt said, "I hope the whole world's not like this." Aris said and Ansel sighed as he glanced around.

"The sun scorched the world and the flare virus started. Most places became uninhabitable and started falling apart. Places like this, there hasn't been anyone around for a very long time." He explained and Newt glanced at him, "You know a lot about the world." He said and Ansel looked at him. "I kind of grew up around WICKED so I had to learn everything about the world." He said before giving Newt an amused look, "And my memories were never taken from me." He said.

"Woah- Hang on, stop." Thomas said, making everyone stop and turn to him, "Do you hear that?" He asked. Everyone listened for a moment before they could hear the sound of a helicopter nearing. "Get down! Everybody, hide! Hide! Hide! Get in here. In here, in here!" Thomas yelled as they all ran underneath a giant slab of concrete that was being held up by rocks.