Ch. XII - A NEW OLD FACE

▪︎ 💀🌎💉 ▪︎

▪︎ 💀🌎💉 ▪︎

Chapter Twelve💀 A New Old Face 💀

Chapter Twelve
💀 A New Old Face 💀

"This place has really gone through hell." Jorge said as the group pushed through a crowd of people in a small town outside the city's walls. "We just gotta stay together." Thomas said, "We are the voice of the voiceless!" Someone yelled on a megaphone making them stop and glanced back.

"They hide behind their walls, thinking they can keep the cure for themselves, while they watch the rest of us wither and rot!" A man said as a car drove past the group with a bunch of masked people holding guns sitting on the top of the car. "But there are more of us than there are of them. And I say, we rise up and take back what is ours! Let's bring back a victory!" The man yelled while one of the masked people in the back stared at the group.

The invisible mark on the back of Thomas's neck glowed slightly as he looked up to see some drones flying around.

💀

The group walked over to an area where there was a crowd of people chanting, "Let us in!"

"That's it. That's our way in." Thomas said before he continued walking as the group glanced around. At the front of the crowd there was a barrier, stopping people from getting anywhere close to the city's walls.

"Thomas!" Jorge called out as he grabbed Thomas' arm, "This is not what you're looking for. All these people trying to find their way in, you think you're gonna find something they can't?" Jorge asked and Thomas glanced at him as they walked through the crowd.

"Came this far. I'm not turning back now." Thomas said as they continued to push past the crowd, "What the hell did we get ourselves into?" Frypan asked. None of them noticed the masked people from the cars watching them.

"Get out of my way! Get out of my way!" Jorge yelled as they pushed past the crowd up to the barriers before Ansel grabbed Thomas's shoulder. "Thomas, this doesn't feel right." He said as he glanced around.

Newt glanced around to see the masked people following them making him furrow his brows slightly. "Hey, guys, we gotta go now." Newt said as he, Brenda and Frypan walked up to Thomas, Jorge and Ansel, grabbing Ansel's hand in the process. "Look." He said making them look back to find the masked men heading towards them.

Jorge pulled out his pistol before there was a sudden, loud metal creaking making them look back at the walls as the entire crowd got quiet. Giant guns at the top of the walls slowly rose up before turning to the crowd, making people start to scream and run back.

"Let's go, let's go!" One of the masked men yelled to the crowd while Ansel grabbed Thomas's arm. "Thomas, let's go. We gotta get out of here." Ansel said before all of the sudden one of the guns fired, hitting the ground, causing a huge explosion.

"Go! Go! Go! Come on!" Thomas yelled as they quickly started running back the way they came as more shots went off. "Let's go!Let's go! Let's go!" Jorge yelled as they turned the corner into an alleyway before there was a shot right outside where they came from.

When they ran out the alley, the masked men from before suddenly started grabbing them all. "Get your hands off of me!" Ansel yelled before punching the person in the face, making them let go of him. "Newt!" Ansel yelled, going to run over to where someone was grabbing Newt but two more guys grabbed Ansel before dragging him over to a car.

"Get off of me!" Thomas yelled as one of the men pushed him into a car before pushing Ansel in after. "No! Brenda! Brenda! Brenda!" Jorge yelled as a man pushed Brenda into the same car as Ansel and Thomas taking him to a different car. "Go, go, go!" One of the men yelled before both cars quickly drove off.

💀

Ansel, Thomas and Brenda sat against the back doors of the car as three of the masked men stared at them, none of them saying a thing. A few minutes later the car drives into some parking garage before stopping.

Someone opened the trunk door making them look back to see more masked men, "Get out!" He yelled before Thomas, Ansel and Brenda got out. The other car drove in before stopping and you can hear people groaning as the car shook slightly.

"Where you going?" They could hear Jorge say before the back doors flew open and one of the men fell out, quickly followed by Jorge jumping on top of him.

"Where is she, you son of a bitch?" Jorge yelled before punching the man, making other men, Thomas and Brenda, run forward. "Come on, come on, come on." One of the men yelled, pulling Thomas back, making him raise his hands, "Okay, okay, okay." He said, stepping back.

"I'm right here. I'm right here!" Brenda said the men pulled Newt and Frypan out of the car as they had their hands up. "Newt." Ansel said, quickly walking over to Newt, gently grabbing his arm. "I'm right here. I'm right here!" Brenda yelled, making Jorge stop punching the guy as he turned to look at her.

"Everybody relax. We're all on the same side here." One of the men said, making Thomas look at him, "What do you mean same side? Who the hell are you?" He asked. The man glanced at the group before taking his mask off, making Thomas', Newt's and Frypan's eyes widen.

"Hey, Greenie." The guy said, looking at Thomas who took a step forward, an angry look on his face. "Gally?" He asked while Newt glanced at Frypan and Ansel, "No way..." Frypan whispered while Ansel leaned towards Newt. "He's the one that Minho put a spear through his chest, right?" Ansel asked and Newt nodded, "Yeah..." He said.

All of the sudden, Thomas shot out, punching Gally in the face making Ansel's eyes widen. "Oh, shit." He said as the other men pointed their guns at Thomas as he tackled Gally, grabbing his shirt. "Stop! It's all right!" Gally said, holding his hands up as Newt and Ansel ran over to them.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Thomas! Stop! Stop it!.Stop." Ansel said as he grabbed Thomas' arm as he just stared down at Gally. "He killed Chuck." Thomas said and Newt nodded. "Yeah, I know. I remember. I was there too, all right? But I also remember that he was stung and half out of his mind. Just calm down. All right?" Newt said and Thomas stared at Gally for a moment before letting his friends pull him back.

Gally stood up and glanced around as he rubbed his jaw before nodding slightly. "Kind of had that coming. Anybody else? Fry? Newt?" Gally asked as Jorge walked up, "Do you know this guy?" He asked. "He was an old friend." Frypan said and Gally glanced down for a moment.

"How? How is this possible? We watched you die." Newt said, making Gally look at him, "No, you left me to die. And if we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now." Gally said.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Gally asked as he glanced at them all, "WICKED has Minho in the city. We're looking for a way in." Ansel said and Gally glanced at him. "I can help with that. Follow me." He said and Thomas shook his head, "I'm not going anywhere with you." He said, making Gally shrug.

"Suit yourself. But I can get you through those walls." He said, making them glance at each other while Thomas took a deep breath.