Ch. X - NEW PLAN

▪︎ 💀🌎💉 ▪︎

▪︎ 💀🌎💉 ▪︎

Chapter Ten💀 New Plan 💀

Chapter Ten
💀 New Plan 💀

Thomas quickly walked into the train car once they got the door open, followed by Ansel and the others. "Aris." Ansel said as he walked over to where Aris and Sonya sat. "Hey, you guys okay?" Thomas asked as he walked up to them and they nodded before Thomas got up.

"There you are. Oh, God!" Harriet said as she ran over, pulling Sonya and Aris into a hug. "It's okay. You guys are safe. All right? Just hang on." Thomas said as he went down the aisle of the train car, Newt and Ansel following him.

"I need the bolt cutters." Harriet said as Thomas, Ansel and Newt glanced around at everyone before Thomas turned around. "He's not here..." Thomas said, making Ansel and Newt glance at each other.

💀

Newt watched as Ansel walked around, talking to and directing the kids from the train. Ansel glanced over at Newt before smiling at him, Ansel said something to one of the kids before walking over to Newt. "Hey." Ansel said and Newt smiled at him, "Hey." Newt said and Ansel sighed softly as he draped his arm over Newt's shoulder, leaning against the wall next to him.

"So many kids saved... None of them are Minho and so many more are still with WICKED." Ansel said and Newt nodded slightly, "We'll get Minho back and save the rest." Newt said before looking at Ansel. "All of them." Newt said and Ansel looked at him for a moment before smiling softly and nodding, "All of them." Ansel said.

"All right, listen up." Vince called out, making Ansel and Newt look over at where Vincr stood. "I know you've all been through hell. I wish I could say our troubles are over. But we're not through this yet. WICKED's still out there. They're not giving up. 'Cause you got something they want. They took you because you're immune to a plague that's wiping out the human race. And they think you're worth sacrificing to find a cure. Well, I don't." Vince said, making some people in the crowd clap.

"So in two days, when we get this tub of rust seaworthy, we're getting the hell outta here. We're gonna go to a place where WICKED will never find you. A place you can start over. A place you can call home." Vince said, making Newt and Ansel glance at each other before sighing softly and walking away.

💀

Aris groaned slightly when Sonya pressed a wet cloth to one of his cuts on his face. "Here, drink this." Harriet said as she handed them a couple cups of water. "Took you guys long enough to rescue us." Aris said, making Ansel hummed sarcastically and raised his eyebrows from where he sat next to Newt, across from Aris. Thomas was crouched down next to him while Bremda was standing behind them.

"It's good to see you, too, man. Totally not gonna pick out the worst place to sleep here now." Ansel said, making Aris chuckle and glance down, "So what happened?" Thomas asked. "I fought back. Tried to, anyway." Aris said and Ansel raised his eyebrows, "I hope the other guy looks a lot worse." He said, making Aris smile.

"You're lucky you found us at all. They had us on the move a lot. It felt like something big was happening." Sonya said, making them look at her, "Any idea where they were heading?" Newt asked. "All I know is they kept talking about a city." Aris said, making them all glance at each other confused.

"I didn't think there were any cities left." Harriet said, "That's because there aren't. Not still standing, anyway." Brenda said, making them glance back at her. "Okay, wait. What about Minho? Why wasn't he on the train?" Thomas asked, making Soyna and Aris glance at each other.

"I'm sorry, Thomas. He was."

💀

Thomas laid out a map onto a table before tapping a circled area. "There, that's it. It's a few hundred miles. Based on the railways, everything that Aris told us, that's gotta be where they're headed. That's where they're taking Minho." Thomas explained as he glanced around at Ansel, Newt, Vince, Brenda and Frypan.

"We take everyone who can fight. Follow the roads where we can. We can make it back within a week." Thomas said, making Vince raise his eyebrows slightly, "A week? It took us six months to get here. We got over 100 kids here now. We can't just hang out here forever after what we just pulled. You wanna wander off to some random point on a map. You don't even know. You don't even know what's there." Vince said.

"I do." Ansel and someone said, making everyone look over as Jorge walked in, "It's been a few years, but I've been there. The Last City. That's what WICKED called it. It was their whole base of operations. If that city is still standing, that's the last place you wanna go, hermano. That's the lion's den." Jorge said as he walked over to the table. "It's pretty much the heart of WICKED. Their building is like the first thing you see. I went there before and I can promise you there are more guards there than you can even imagine." Ansel said and Thomas shook his head slightly.

"It's nothing we haven't done before." Thomas said, "Yeah, with months of planning, and reliable information, the element of surprise, none of which we have now." Vince said and Thomas shook his head slightly.

"Vince, I've thought this through. Would you just hear me out-" Thomas tried to say but Vince cut him off, "The last time we went off half-cocked... I lost everything. You remember that? Look, I know it's Minho. All right? But you can't ask me to put those kids on the line for one man. I won't do it." Vince said before the radio cracked on.

"Searching the grid now. A is completed. Scanning B-sector now." They heard someone say before they could hear the distant sound of a helicopter nearing. "Hit the lights." Ansel said before everyone started running around, "Let's go, let's go!" Jorge called out while Frypan grabbed a rifle.

Jorge pulled a lever to a power box causing all the light at their hideout to turn off as Thomas, Ansel and Vince ran outside. "There." Ansel said, making them follow line of sight to see two aircrafts with lights shining down flying a ways away from the camp.

"Jeez, they're getting close." Vince said and Ansel sighed and shook his head slightly, "Well we're in the clear for now. That'll probably last a couple days, a week tops." Ansel said and Thomas nodded slightly, "You're right. We can't stay here." Thomas said, making Ansel look at him with a cocked eyebrow.

💀

When everyone was asleep, Thomas quietly grabbed his stuff before walking over to where they keep the cars. "Where do you think you're going then?" Newt said, making Thomas stop before Newt clicked on a light making him sigh.

"Newt..." Thomas started to say but Newt walked forward, "Don't be a twat about it. I'm already in." He said before grabbing Thomas's bag from him. "Come on." Newt said and Thomas shook his head, "No. No, not this time." He said as he followed Newt.

"Look, even if we find Minho, there's no guarantee we make it back from this." Thomas said and Newt raised his eyebrows and pursed his lips slightly, "Well, you'll need all the help you can get then, won't you?" He said as he opened the car door making a light turn on and revealing Frypan in the passenger seat and Ansel in the driver's seat.

"After being the first person to step up and support your first plan of taking down WICKED, I'm offended that you were going to leave without telling me." Ansel said, making Thomas sigh softly. "Well, we started this together. May as well end it that way, too." Newt said, making Thomas let out a breathy chuckle before nodding, "Okay. Let's go get him back."