Chapter seventeen: Once upon a time

(Idk I wanted something meaningful)

She was his life. He was nothing but a child at the time. No guidance, just a wretched being, doomed to die, once upon a time. But then she came along. Took him under her wing. Taught him. Assured him he'd be okay. Anyone can learn. Those kind words were etched into his brain. Those kind words echoed in his mind. Those kind words are why he is the way he is today. Knowledge is the best gift of all. It should be shared, forever. Monomon was his mentor, but she became more than that. Eventually, she was more like his own mother. Soon, they were practically family. Once upon a time. Quirrel woke up. He'd fallen asleep. That's what happens when you don't get enough sleep. He was in a well hidden alcove. With a tunnel small enough he had to crawl. Nothing dangerous was getting in there. Nothing he knew of at least. That was why he was very surprised to see a Shrumling next to him. It was small enough to fit in the tunnel. He knew very well these things weren't dangerous, so he just let it sit there. After a few minutes, he realized he should probably keep moving. Then he saw a half-eaten mushroom on the path. It could have been anything. But then again, it couldn't be. The infected monsters barely cared enough to eat. So it had to be something else.     

(Again sorry my grammer is weirdddddd.)