Chapter 12

Anete Point of View

"Goodness, he is an alien." Ilaria snickered and Zorion has this really defeated and look of ridicule on his face.

When I was telling them what happened in the animal care, this was how their reactions are. Ilaria thinks Sir Cacao is an alien sometimes, then she thinks he was infected by something and sometimes she thinks his brain nerves are twisted.

While my brother is a complete different case, when Ilaria's assumptions on Sir Cacao is that out of amusement and a positive intrigue, Zorion believes Ilaria's assumptions to be true and legit by heart.

According to him, the whole Almond family is ET who invaded earth hundreds of years ago and slowly consuming the minds of peoples of this planet.

My brother is a gone case here!

What is wrong about spreading love and flowers on a mating bed for animals?

It was funny, I agree. The way he spoke to those adorable creatures and how he counseled them into dating their respective partners is way above my imagination.

I can still feel the sting on my thigh where I had pinched myself several times to control my laughter that whole day.

Coupled with Bartlett's completely opposite views from Sir Cacao's, his doubts and retorts about Cacao's actions was truly standup comedy worth.

The final nail of the day was when Bartlett had to, forced to take in a female gender ducks. A total of twelve ducks that fought for his attention and created a havoc until he finally sign their adoption papers and took them in.

I cannot still forget the look of utter fear and defeat when he had to take in those cute little colorful ducks that flocked around him like mothers of unmarried girls around a man with rank.

I never laughed so much in my life that I had on that day.

"That he is but only I can say that." I pointed my finger at her and warned her but one can see both the seriousness and amusement strolling on my face.

"Sir Cacao is just –" I mumbled a little loudly as I looked into nothing all the while thinking of what to call him.

"An Almond." Not the work I was looking for but it's not false though. But the way Zorion growled is not something I would appreciate.

"I was going to say Splendid-est but adjective Almond has more weight so you are forgiven." I grinned, patting my brother's shoulder like an older sister I am.

"You know, I don't understand you both. I was being haunted by an Almond girl who knows only to meow meow and also pain in the depth of my butts. Look here at you both, choosing an Almond each to put in your hearts. I mean, why?" Zorion is truly petrified by our choices.

Ilaria shrugged at him as a dreamy look snaked on her face at the mention of Almond. "In my defense, my Almond is handsome, quite but crazy and more importantly, he know how to control me. Then again, hey, you cannot just help but fall in love with an Almond. They are special."

Hand on heart, I truly agree that.

"I know right! Just look at Sir Cacao, he is matured yet his heart is that of a child's; pure and kind."

"Anete, if you like him, love him, why doing so from afar? Why not just tell him and see if you both can date?" Zorion almost hammered nails to close Ilaria's mouth when she said that.

"Don't listen to her. Two Almonds are enough healthy for a family, we don't need a third one." I couldn't help but grin when he included himself in the Almond affair.