Chapter 39

Sir Cacao Point of View

"Huh?" I looked at her suspiciously.

How come –

How can she answer it wrong! Impossible!

Drizzle's talent in proverbs and idioms is only a little less than my perfection in love. Heck, Drizzle can also be said as strong competitor to William Shakespeare.

Her command on them and the way use them is that strong but still natural!

"What an intelligent girl." The lady who asked the question smiled and clapped her hands but to anyone who knows the correct answer, they can tell that she was actually mocking Drizzle.

Something is definitely wrong. No, it feels like everything is going wrong.

I turned to Anete and she was only sitting there with an angry face. She is truly very angry.

"I will ask the second one," A young man from table one raised his hand excitedly and looked at the very delighted Talia.

Wait, it can't be that Talia really thinks her answer was right, right?

In the whole bunch of letters I received from Drizzle, she used common idioms and proverbs repeatedly for so many times that I definitely know that the previous proverb that Talia answered wrong was one of them she used a few times and that too correctly.

"This is an easy one miss, 'When the going gets tough; _____'" The young man left the second part to be answered by Talia.

Indeed, this is a very simple one but looking at Talia, I can tell that she is sweating profusely.

" Umm, When the going gets tough; you should persist?" The moment she completed, I finally realized what exactly was wrong.

I have been having my doubts.

I have been feeling fishy every now and then.

I have always ignored those subtle obvious hints that the reality provided me with.

"You are not Choco Drizzle." I stated. It was not a question but a declaration.

"W-what?" Talia went pale and was also sweating buckets. One look at her, anyone can tell that she got caught in something illegal.

She looked that terrified.

"I'm a simple person who doesn't know how to keep secrets and lie to people. You are not Choco Drizzle, aren't you?" Even though I asked, I now know that she is indeed a fake one.

I rarely get this serious and angry; especially towards a fairer gender. I'm not angry because she posed as my pen friend, I was rather angry because this act of hers has created a puncture in my relationship with Anete.

Anete is my girlfriend, the woman I love and the woman who holds the main veins of my heart. Although I only planned to meet Drizzle to make everything clear to her and cut the only thread of pen-friendship between us, now looking at how this girl is not the real one, I felt sad, disappointed and angry.

"I am Choco Drizzle. Sir Cacao, stop joking." Talia laughed out nervously and tried to brush off my suspicion.

But my doubt is no longer a doubt anymore. It has become a loud slap of fact to me.

"Alright," I did not care if I was in a public place and all the attention was on me, I proceeded forward with my little interrogation. "Then tell me, what was the third wish in Choco Drizzle's bucket list." I pinned her with a serious stare.

Anete, who was sitting on the table beside mine did not react at all to all the drama taking place.

How many times, how many times did she say that there was something wrong with Talia! Only now did I understand why exactly is she really angry about.