Chapter 44

Sir Cacao Point of View

Is she going to have a heart attack out of overwhelming surprise and happiness she is feeling now?

Can't be right?

I still need her alive.

Did I dazzle her too much that she is even panting like a race horse?

"Anete Allard," I looked up at her gently. When I felt the friend who was carrying the ring bog for me slowly started to climb up my back, I prepared to take the proposal to the final stage.

I took her left hand that was hanging by side and felt that it was shivering a little. I held her hand in both my hands and patted it as to calm her down from excitement.

The excitement on her face is too much that she went so pale that for a moment I couldn't see her apart from the white walls. Right now, she is more like swaying like a leaf in a tornado than merely shivering.

Can she be any more thrilled?

My Butter Tart,I tell you! She is the most amazing girl I've ever seen; second only to me.

"I know this might come off suddenly but do you know when I first saw you, my heart went off like thousands of bells ringing at the same time. Do you know when I saw you the first time?" Seeing that Anete just nodded her head and proceeded to wipe off the sweat from her forehead, I waited for her compose herself and answer.

She looked between me and the friend that came to my help with the ring box, Mr. snaky, now coiled himself around my neck, Anete's tongue rolled out and imitated Mr. Snaky by wetting her lips.

"In Ilaria's office when Tiny brought you to introduce you to Zorion."

"Nope." I shook my head and gave her the second chance to answer. When I saw her looking at me confusedly, I answered it myself. "I first saw you three years ago in the paragliding mountain range. You were wearing leather outfit and look like a beautiful soldier who is ready to kill everyone in the way. That smile, that eagerness to fly, that thrill to let go everything, it made me suffocated."

At that time, I still remember that she went to the mountain top several times and went on gliding for at least thirteen times.

I was actually there after I read from one of the letters from Drizzle that the place is amazing and thrilling telling me that she – nay, he liked the place a lot.

I was there to experience it but who would've expected to see a goddess dressed in black. She was a bomb!

"The next time I saw you was seven months later in a virtual gaming zone. You were playing a game where you were in the character of a thug and beating the other animated characters to pulp. Do you know how fast my heart raced when I saw your satisfied smile at that time. I never thought I would meet you the second time but when I did, you surprised me haunted my heart again."

"Really? I did not see you then." She gasped as stared down at me in shock.

"Yes. A week later, I saw you yet again for the time and this time, I already decided that you were meant for me. Like they say, 'once is accident, twice is coincidence and thrice is either destiny arranged it or people plotted it'. The third time I saw you was in Tibet in a Buddhist temple and you were there to provide them with welfare funds. I only learnt then that you have been providing the funds to that particular old temple for many years because the monk that passed away not soon ago once solved a dilemma of yours."

I realized then that she has a heart of platinum. The monk that passed away only solved a small dilemma of hers but she was grateful enough to provide the funds to keep the temple standing till today.