Chapter 30

Anete Point of View

It was fun!

I thought pairing up couples would be boring but who would've thought that it was actually funny and entertaining.

There was this one man who had dated a few women but couldn't keep the relationship more than two or three months. His girlfriends always end up dumping him without giving him any reason.

The man looked good to look at, his career was stable and has enough properties to get a family not to mention his personality is alright. However, I didn't know why his girlfriends dumped him.

Turns out, the man was not clingy. Cacao told him that if you are holding sand in your grip too tightly, it will eventually flow away through the gap in fingers. There should be only enough grip on love for someone that will make you stay with you and love and shall not make then suffocated.

Cacao refused to pair him up with a girl because unless he gets a grip on his overbearing affection, he cannot love a person truly.

Cacao is a perfect example of a balanced love. He gives me freedom to do whatever I like and still hold my attention for himself effortlessly.

"What nonsense!" Bark snickered and took a sip of the drink from his bottle.

"What is nonsense?" Peach asked in a low voice, looking very much ready to have a fun gossip time.

"The one who was paired just now. The guy is historian and his job demands him to travel around the world but the girl who was paired up with him was a Youtuber. How can they live in harmony?" No wonder Bart did not understand the concept of matchmaking at all.

"For a Youtuber, creating new and attractive content is key part while a historian has to travel around the world to study and discover the deeper parts of the history. Historian is interested in studying, discovering and telling it to people. Youtuber is interested in making amazing content; aren't they just perfect?" I explained.

Bart looked like he want to puke right in the place he sat. One, because his brother's job makes him nauseous and two, the number of girls around is getting making him – scared and three, there are a few girls who are eyeing him with full pack of attention like wolves.

"Hey, Peach, do you think that girl over there, standing beside the placard; is she looking at me or you?" I asked seriously but the tease in my tone is not lost on her.

Peach immediately understood what I meant and glanced briefly at her second brother before turning to look at the girl beside placard.

"Beauty wise, she must look at you but if she is looking at me, then can be because of all the dark magic I'm trying to learn these days. That thing has power to attract attention." Peach replied slowly and deliberately.

I tapped my finger on my chin as if thinking about what she said and looked back at Bart, "What do you think? Who among us is she attracted to?" Clearly, Bart is uncomfortable with the attention coming from the unfamiliar third party who is of a female gender.

"You both are evil. No, all girls are evil." Bart huffed like a child and pulled out his phone to distract himself. "if I would've know we would be this close too all those scary girls, I would have never come. Peach, you actually tricked me."

I and Peach stifled our laughs and gave each other a wink of mirth.

"Bartlett! Bratlett Almond!" The three of us were startled by the sudden announcement of the name. We three looked at the source and found that Cacao was calling out for him from his judge seat.

"Bart, this young lady here says she wants to know you. What do you think?" Cacao actually asked him in mike which can be heard throughout the hall through speakers.