Chapter 26

Anete Point of View

Flapping my eyes, I woke up with a best smile I had ever produced. Still on the bed, I stretched my body and snuggled more into my pillow with happiness that cannot be defined.

Releasing a dreamy sigh, my mind reeled over the great time I had on my small vacation to Cacao's island. For two whole weeks, it was absolute paradise. Even picking wild vegetables and mushrooms was so fun and romantic.

It started with me hesitating to go on a trip with him but turned out to not wanting to leave the beautiful place with him.

While I love him so much, most of my hesitations were clarified by him in the temple on the island. That day changed the dynamics of our relationship.

Did he say he loved me more than anything in his life? Nope.

Did I say I cannot live without him? Nay.

That evening, when he said that he doesn't need a reason to love me, something changed between us.

Something changed in me.

For a girl who once had commercial minded parents who had no respect for matrimonial vows and ties, I and my siblings had a hard life to cope from. We were wealthy but that was the only good thing about our lives.

My parents death brought both vulnerability and relief to us at the same time. Growing up as we saw our parents worst and unhealthy relationship, all the three of us had our own ideas and insecurities.

Zorion didn't believe in relationships at all, Ilaria, on the other hand, was waiting for one reason, one man to change her whole painful experience to a good one. She was very hopeful while I got all the doubtful aspects.

I am neither completely hopeful nor completely a non believer. I had hesitations, doubts that restricted my heart.

So when Cacao understood just the right thing about me, his words truly wiped away most of my insecurities. As a businesswoman, the one thing I'm prone to not believe is words. Words can be empty and can be twisted as we like. However, it was also Cacao's words that applied ice to my heart.

His words are anything but empty. His words held care, understanding and a promise.

And he meant every word he said.

I giggled to myself and snuggled more into myself. I'm also happy because we had kissed a lot too. Cacao said I was his first kiss on the lips however his proficiency in kissing is topnotch.

He almost made me go into coma with pleasure.

Sigh!

Sir Cacao is just – I'm still trying to find a right word to describe him.

"Wakey wakey, sister dear." Ilaria walked into my bedroom, all dressed up and ready to start the work.

"Hmm, I'll be in the office in an hour. Are you leaving now?" She nodded in answer.

"We got to the city late last night, you should've slept for a couple of hours more."

"Oh no, if I do that, the mist of the vacation will not leave my head. Better to get back as it always was." She said as she stared down at her phone and answering the mails.

I nodded and was quite was a moment when something suddenly popped up in my mind.

Ah right, the blind date!

"Hey, are you still in contact with that friend of yours – the girl who used to dress up like an anime character to university." Ilaria narrowed her eyes in recollection and shook her head.