Chapter 23- Attached

Elias

On fire.

On fire.

Everything was on fire.

"You're coming with me."

A wide brim hat, trench coat, red eyes.

"Where are we going?" I'm crying. My arms hurt, they burn. My skin...my skin is burned. My arms are ugly now.

"Far away, where no one can hurt you." He smiles, sharp teeth. Really sharp teeth. Wrinkled pale skin, he looks scary.

"I don't want to go. I want to stay here! I want Mama!" I scream at him. I watch as he chuckles at me, his wrist lifting to his mouth and it takes a meaty bite of his own flesh. My whole body shaking with fear as he let his blood pour over my scarred arms, but there was another line of blood.

My arms slowly caking with blood, and I look up and I see a different hat.

"I'm her GrimFather Wallace." He says firmly.

"GrimFather?"

"Not if I use enough of my blood. She'll be my wife by the time I'm done with you. I'll be sure to make your soul watch when I take her over your corpse." He sneers up at him, slowly standing as he continued to let his blood wash over me. I take my arm away and put both under the other man's bleeding arm.

A clean cut across his wrist that bled crimson washing away the other.

"I will make sure, your death is painful." GrimFather says.

"Wanna put your money where your mouth is, Kendric?" He laughs. "I've been doing this a lot longer than you."

"You're the one that brought me back. Who's to say I haven't already learned all your tricks."

"You didn't stick around for an education."

"No, I left because you're a sick sociopath that does a grave diggers work with no truth or empathy at all. Now, how about you stop flapping your gums and run it."

I peel open my eyes but shut them again. Someone knocking on the glass wall next to me sounded like bombs going off right next to my ear.

"Honey?" A soft feminine voice whispering next to my ear. "You're awake?"

"The lights." I whisper. "Please turn off the lights."

"Turn off the lights!" She shouts and I groan reaching up with my hand to cover my ears. Soon the lights go off and I sigh. "I'm sorry, honey I didn't mean to be loud. How are you feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a semi." I whisper.

"Well you pulled through! You did it!" She whispers excitedly. I open my eyes to see a kindly nurse leaning over me, a full hazmat suit over her entire body.

"So there's a cure?"

"We made the antidote, soon enough when your better, and your toxicology report comes back negative, you can get out of here."

"That's nice." I say letting my head fall back against the hard floor. "So you have food by any chance? Burger with fries would be ok, if you got it."

She laughs and nods. "Of course."

***

Sitting on the opposite side of the glass as I tore into my fourth burger, sat Kendric and Sione.

"The poison should clear out of you by the end of the day." Sione says with an assured smile.

"Mmm." I hum through a mouth full of meat and tomato.