Chapter 15- Samael

I'm dressed in a short sleeved wrap top and a long skirt, of course black, flats on my feet and my hat shielding from the sun like always. Kneeling in soil as I neatly plant lavender flowers. Juni comes circling out of the green house, that had a wonderful wall of already of blossoming moon flowers, thanks to some of the nature sprite students we had living at Obsidian.

More people came out of the house everyday to visit the garden, it started to be the house's own private haven. The green house filled with budding saplings and plants, Juni happily watering them and bringing out more herbs.

"El! I'm going to plant mint and thyme by the gates!" He says holding up the several pots that were stacked in his arms.

"Ok, be careful!" I say watching him waddle over to the gates.

"Do you need help?" I look over to see a few house residents coming out that I knew were nature sprites. Their faces almost glowing at the fertile land before them.

"Yeah that would be great!" I say smiling, instructing them on the plants to grab and where to plant them. Working the hot afternoon away, sweating underneath my hat, as I plowed away at the earth. Hours had gone by and I barely realized it before I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Looking up I see Sam smiling down at me. I look to where Juni was and see Opala sitting with him on the ground as she handed him a bottle of water, smiling kindly.

"Hey." I say as I dust the dirt off my hands and stand.

"Hey there." He says lifting the brim of my hat to get a better look at me, but instead stares at the brim in confusion. "How are you so cold?"

"A little hidden talent for the hot days on the road." I say. "What's up?"

"Lunchtime. I swung by earlier but you guys were working hard and you looked like you were enjoying yourself." He says.

"Hmm." I say and I couldn't hide the smile. I hear barking in the distance and see the little wolf from before running up to us. I coo at it as it pounces on me, sniffing and licking my face. I fall back giggling as the wolf rubs it's fur against my clothes and skin.

"Hi beautiful." I say as I'm on the ground petting it's head as it takes it's position, laying it's body on my torso as pet them.

"He likes you." Sam says kneeling with me and petting them.

"I might steal him. I know he's with Diamond house but I like him too much." I say kissing the pups snout.

"Really?"

"Yeah." I giggle and the wolf resumes licking my neck and face. Sam laughing with me as he watches.

"I can steal him for you." He suggests and I almost laugh at him.

"Good one Sam." I giggle.

"I could!" He defends. "I could take him with me when I move here."

"Huh?"

He laughs at my dumbfound expression, moving closer to me as he speaks. "Opala and I kind of agree that if this is what we both think it is, there shouldn't be much distance. Plus I like the idea of not having five other roommates."

"And what do you both think this is?" I asked confused at what he meant.

"I think, there's a small chance, we could have a bond." He spoke slowly.

"Well mutual attraction sure-" I try to shrug it off but he moves closer. Close enough to hide underneath my hat with me, I look up at him a little surprised at his boldness.

"I want to be this close to you, all the time." His tone filled with seriousness. "I don't want to waste this chance. I feel things when I'm around you, and I can't ignore them."