Ch. 13: First Quidditch Match

In the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey discovered that I had two broken ribs, which was the main cause of the pain. But I was told that all I had to do was take a potion, and in the morning, although I would still be sore, it would be mostly healed, and I would be able to return to classes. Madam Pomfrey told Hermione she could stay for a few minutes.

"I want to thank you, but at the same time, I want to be mad at you for putting yourself in danger like that and taking the blame," Hermione said.

I laughed a bit at this.

"You're welcome," I said.

We continued to talk for a few more minutes, until Madam Pomfrey informed Hermione it was time for her to go. She left, and after a while, I fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up and felt much better. I left the hospital wing and ran into Harry, Ron, and Hermione on the way to our first class of the day.

"Feeling better?" Hermione asked me immediately when she spotted me.

I nodded.

"Good for you to get us out of trouble like that, Y/N," Harry said.

"Mind you, we did save their lives," Ron said.

I was about to say something, until Harry spoke first.

"Mind you, they wouldn't have needed saving if you hadn't insulted Hermione," Harry said.

"What are friends for?" Ron said, smiling at me and Hermione.

Something about taking on the troll together definitely seemed to create a bond between the four of us because the sooner I wanted to go off on him, the sooner that feeling faded, and I could tell he actually felt bad for what he said and truly did want to try to move on from it and fix it.

More days passed, and on November 9th, we were all in the Great Hall. We were all eating, except for Harry, who looked extremely nervous.

"Harry, you're gonna have to eat something, man. You're gonna need your strength," I said.

"Take a bit of toast, mate. Go on," Ron said.

"They're right, Harry. You need to eat," Hermione said.

"I'm not hungry," Harry replied.

Before I had a chance to say anything, I watched Snape walk up and stop right behind Harry, who turned to him.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you... even if it is against Slytherin," Snape said before walking off.

I noticed he was limping.

"That explains the blood," Harry said.

I turned to him, curiously.

"Blood?" Hermione asked.

"Listen. On Halloween, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three-headed dog. But he got himself bitten-" Harry said.

"And you think that's why he's limping," I finished for him.

He nodded.

"Harry, you said Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults, and later, someone broke into that same vault. Do you think Snape might be after whatever it was that was in that vault?" I asked as the three of them looked at me, pondering the idea.

"That's exactly what I was thinking," Harry said.

"Only problem is, what could it be? And why would Snape be after it?" I asked.