Ch. 19: Through the Trapdoor

That night, after everyone else had fallen asleep, we all made our way down the stairs of the dormitories into the main area of the Common Room. Suddenly, we heard a croak and saw a toad sat in front of us.

"Trevor," Harry whispered.

"Trevor, shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!" Ron whisper-shouted.

That's when Neville stood up from one of the chairs and turned to us.

"Neither should you. You're sneaking out again, aren't you?" Neville asked.

"Now, Neville, listen. We were-" Harry began.

"No! I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I- I'll fight you," Neville said as he raised his fists, as if to emphasize his point.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this," Hermione said as she took out her wand. "Petrificus Totalus."

Neville's entire body froze up, and he dropped to the ground.

"You're a little scary sometimes, you know that? Brilliant, but scary," Ron said.

I laughed at this.

"Was that a compliment, Ron?" I asked him with a mock shocked expression.

He just rolled his eyes.

"Let's go," Harry said. "Sorry," he then said to Neville as he passed him.

"Sorry," Hermione said to Neville as well.

"It's for your own good, you know," Ron said.

"You'll find out why soon enough," I said.

We all made our way under Harry's invisibility cloak. It was a bit cramped for all of us, but we managed.

"Ow! You stood on my foot!" Hermione said as we made our way to the door.

"Sorry," Ron said.

We got to the door and Hermione casted Alohomora to unlock it. We stepped in, and the door closed behind us.

"Wait a minute. He's..." Ron began as a breath came from the three-headed dog, blowing the cloak off of us. "Sleeping."

"Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp," Harry said as we all looked at the harp in the corner of the room.

We approached Fluffy cautiously.

"Ugh. It's got horrible breath," Ron said.

"We have to move its paw," Harry said, as we all noticed that the trapdoor was underneath one of its huge paws.

"What?" Ron said.

"Come on," Harry said as we all grabbed the paw. "Okay. Push!"

We all did so and manged to get the paw off of the trapdoor. Then, we opened it, staring into the darkness inside.

"I'll go first. Don't follow-" Harry began as I jumped in before he could finish his sentence.

I landed on something that looked like a bunch of vines.

"Y/N, are you alright?" Hermione called down to me, a worried tone to her voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I called back.

A few moments later, I could hear a commotion from above, as the other three jumped down.

"Whoa. Lucky this plant-thing is here, really," Ron said.

"Woah," Harry said as the vines began to wrap around all of our bodies.

I then recognized the plant and immediately relaxed, as did Hermione. Harry and Ron, on the other hand, were still fighting against the vines.