Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Itsuka took in a deep breath and then let it go. She took another, bringing her arms up to her sides, the setting sun made the water along Dagobah Beach seem like it was on fire and it was beautiful. Slowly she straightened her arms so her hands were out diagonally away from her sides, then she activated her first quirk - Big Fist made each of her hands swell several times their size. Breathing in again she activated her -second- quirk, One For All - her arms to the tip of her fingers began to glow with power, orange sparks sputtering from her skin here and there. She felt the power build and build in her arms, making the muscles bulge and grow to almost a proportionate size of her fists.

"AIR PRESSURE SMASH!"

She yelled, swinging her arms upward and clapping both of her hands together. The beach erupted in a sonic boom of sound as air pressure from the power of One For All erupted outwards in front of her. The highly pressurized air cut deeply through the sand and kept going, surging out into the ocean itself and parting a path through the waves revealing the sea floor, sending shells and sand flying upward and crashing down for yards around. The power of her attack continued for several dozen yards out to sea before all of its force finally dissipated, the ocean water surged back over the channel she had created - surging up the beach into the trench that ended just in front of her.

"That was...painful! Ow ow ow ow!" Itsuka hissed, shaking her oversized hands in the air as they throbbed with pain. She dropped down to her knees and thrust her hands into the water letting the cold temperature numb some of the pain she was feeling.

"Well done, Young Kendou" All Might smiled at his successor, walking up to her in his deflated form and reassuringly patting her shoulder, his face shifted to concerned "Does anything feel broken?"

"No, it just feels like I smacked my hands into a concrete wall a hundred times." she smiled up at the hero before she sighed, "If I did that again now though I think I would."

"Haha. Then rest easy. You have come a long way since you received One For All. Fruits of your training!" All Might let go of her and admired the beach. "It is a shame we have not had all that much time to train with One For All, but you seem to be doing just fine!"

Right...just fine. Itsuka sighed, she could definitely say that the vast majority of the training she had completed was in the company of Midoriya and Tsuyu rather than with Japan's #1 Hero.

Thinking about her two training partners she was happy to note they were both progressing well in their own training for the Entrance Exam. Especially Midoriya, he flinched less when they sparred and had come up with some great ideas for combining Itsuka and Tsuyu's quirks. After their fateful first meeting together on this very beach All Might had expressed concerns about Midoriya - not so much his confidence in the young man but fear that the secret of One For All would be discovered. She had reassured him that the secret of the quirk was safe with her, she put immense value in the trust he had in her and she would not betray that even with her own family. It had also helped when she argued that as a hero-in-training she could not turn her back on someone else who was striving for the same goal as her. All Might had chuckled and just reminded her that he had been right to choose her as his successor.

Overall she had settled into a happy rhythm with her two friends, and would not trade it for anything. Though she did feel guilty about not being able to train with One For All as much as she wished to, again a good portion of that came from All Might's own willingness for her to 'figure things out on her own'. His first words of advice to her 'pull on the power and clench your butt' had resulted in her breaking her arm. Which had made her wonder...