Chapter 6

Chapter 6

In the end both of his friends had also been soundly defeated by the deceptive old man.

Asui had attempted to match him with his wall jumping strategy, her Frog-quirk letting her leap from wall to wall as well as he did - almost. When she had made one far leap he had bounced back quick enough to give her a slap in mid-air which had interrupted her momentum and sent her tumbling to the floor. She had tried to correct herself by using her tongue as a grappling hook but the old man had caught it and used it against her to bring her down.

Unsurprisingly, Itstuka had come the closest to beating him. She had not tried to repeat either of Izuku's or Asui's tactics, planting herself and using her enlarged fists to defend against Gran Torino's aerial attacks. She had even managed to knock him out of the air by suddenly clapping her hands together, sending a shockwave of air that had caused him to drop. Before she could capitalize on it though he had used his quirk to get out of her reach and after one bound in the air delivered a knockout punch.

After the next three days of 'training' he had completely taken back what he had said about 's fear of Gran Torino.

Everytime he trained the three of them he would start with Izuku, then Asui and lastly Itsuka. Gran Torino had him focus the first day on becoming more used to Togaru's quirk and then own Gran Torino's Jet-quirk. First, by cutting up years worth of recycling stored in the basement and then by cleaning the high ceilings of the living room. Each time he paused for an instant the old man was on top of him jabbing and berating him with his cane.

"You hesitate when you fight, Iruma." Gran Torino had told him, forgetting his name again, "You need to work on your reflexes and combine that mumbling you do to adapt when you use an unfamiliar quirk."

Which was fair, everytime he activated his quirk deep down Izuku flinched at having to use it.

Each time after Gran Torino put him through his paces Izuku would be battered, bruised, exhausted and sent to his guest room to rest, then Asui would follow, and then last again Itsuka which seemed odd to him. So far, he had not seen any of the training that the old man had for Itsuka and neither had Asui.

"Kero." Asui ribbited painfully as she pushed the guest room door open, she was sporting a bruise on her face. She looked exhausted, even her tongue was hanging limply from her mouth down to her chest. She shuffled over to her cot and fell down face first. "Everything hurts."

"I-I know the feeling," Izuku replied, hiding the blush on his face. He had been so exhausted the last few nights that it had not really sunk in that he was sharing a room with not just one but two very cute women. Unbelievable as it sounded to him but he just might be starting to be adjusted to Gran Torino's punishing training. Which meant his mind was much more able to wander and think about his temporary roommates.

Even under the loose clothes she wore Izuku could make out the hints of the strong swimmer's body she sported. He had seen enough of her in her wetsuit at Dagobah Beach that when he wasn't careful the tiniest details of her body would creep into his-

No. He needed to think of something else.

"Midoriya. I have a question." Asui came to his rescue, she turned her head to face him and he likewise painfully shifted to his side to look at her.

"What is it, Asui?" Izuku asked, wondering what she could possibly want to ask him and hoping she asked soon before his mind started to wander as he looked into her calm, inviting eyes-

"Call me, Tsu." she ribbited again, before she slowly propped herself up on her elbow, "When you copy Kendou's quirk...do your fists glow?"

"Glow?" Izuku raised an eyebrow at that. His fists had never glowed and he had certainly never seen Itsuka's do the same. "What do you mean by that? N-no. Mine just...embiggen but they don't light up."