Chapter 5

Chapter 5

THUD

Izuku never saw the person that he bumbled into, only catching the sight of the dozens of bouquets rushing toward him in the corner of his vision before they crashed together. He braced his legs at the last second to stop himself from being flung out into the street but whoever had hit him had no clue he was there so instead they stumbled forward further into him. Through the mass of arranged flowers a forehead snapped forward, connecting with his before the other person stumbled backward dropping some of their load.

Oh no, his quirk-

Slash. Cut. Blade.

His skin began to tingle across his arms, legs, mouth and backside before he felt a sharp pinching sensation start off painfully dull before it lanced upward in intensity enough to make him gasp out. His head elongated, his mouth stretching wider to accommodate a pair of fresh, new mandibles that erupted outward from the back row of his teeth - cursing outward from either side. At first glance they did not feel like an insect's mandibles, they were stiff in his mouth and he felt like he could not move them.

He felt his skin part underneath clothes as multiple growths surged upward, it was enough warning for him to jump back out of anyone's arm's reach.

RIP

Tears formed in his clothes as chitinous-looking blades speared out from where he had felt the most pain on his skin before. The outer sides of his forearm sleeves burst as meter long blades slashed outward. His pants along the front and outer sides of his shins and thighs were similarly shredded as three curved blades, as about half as big as the ones on his arms, tore free. Finally, the back of his hoodie blew out as three more meter long blades grew downward, one vertically from where his spine met just below his neckline and two from his shoulder blades. All three together seemed to form a protective cage around his backside which he thought would certainly block anything that tried to slash him across the back.

Taking a closer look at his arm to see where the blade emerged from his skin he saw that shelled chitin, almost like an exoskeleton, had grown around it. He wondered if a knife could cut through it or if it would be deflected like a sword hilt?

He felt a tremor of weakness course its way through his body, as his quirk used his stamina to complete the transformation of the one it copied.

"Izuku! Are you okay?" Itsuka cried out, worry in her voice, and stepped forward one hand raised as if to grab him. He blushed at her slip of using his personal name but he shook his head and motioned for her and Asui to stay back. He had to make sure he did not hurt either of them.

"W-wait. Please, w-wait just- let me make sure nothing else is...going to pop out of me," he growled out the words over his new mandibles. OF COURSE something like this would happen to him, no thanks to his damn quirk again. His clothes were ruined and now he stuck out like a sore thumb. He felt anger steam up inside of him, normally he would just accept it and move on but this time...this time he just wanted to shred something with the copied quirk.

Fortunately a new voice pulled his attention away from his own thoughts.

"OI! That's MY quirk!" Izuku looked to the shout's source, it was a praying mantis?

A young man who looked about his own age with a mohawk of green hair that was much lighter than his own. The mohawk sat on an insect looking face with a familiar set of mandibles. He was slightly taller than Izuku and had light green skin that reminded him of pea soup. The man whose quirk he had copied dropped the remaining bouquets he had been holding and shockling sent Izuku a feral grin, "FINALLY! A worthy opponent! Our battle will be legendary! Fight me!"