Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Please have a seat, Midoriya-kun. We have quite a bit to talk about~" Midnight cooed, giving him a wink as she sat down behind her desk. Smiling at him.

He had not expected this.

He had not expected this at all.

"T-t-t-thank you. M'am." Izuku gulped as he robotically moved toward the chair in front of her office desk. Her office was small, the walls lined with books and pictures of what Izuku assumed were friends and family. On a rack behind her seat on the wall, Midnight's signature thorn whip was hung with care - as a hunter would hang their prized rifle. After only a few moments he felt claustrophobic, as if the room was pressing down on him on all sides and pushing him toward Midnight. He tried to get comfortable, he did not know why he added, "I-I didn't expect to see y-you dressed in-"

"Not dressed in my costume, hmm?" she finished for him, a knowing smile on her lips as she looked over her red cat's eye glasses. She was wearing a very simple navy blue dress, the ruffled edges left her arms bare and it was drawn around her waist by a simple drawstring. It went all the way down to her ankles where she wore red strap shoes. Technically speaking she was actually showing more skin than she normally would with her hero costume but this was much more...

...cute!

He had been prepared for the 18+ Rated Heroine's normal costume! Even for her to wear something even more skimpy and revealing as she had a reputation a mile wide for being a tease.

This cuteness though...completely shattered his defenses and left him just as flustered.

"Please, you can call me by my hero name or Kayama-sensei. Whichever you prefer. After all you are..." Midnight paused, leaning forward she slowly took off her glasses. She brought the ear tip to her lips and chewed on it as she breathed out, "...MY student~."

The way her voice dipped down, becoming huskier as she said 'My' made Izuku's blush feel like it was going to go nuclear for a moment. He caught a giddy glint in Midnight's eye for just a moment, as she seemed to bask in his embarrassment, before she completely did a 180 degree turn in her demeanor. Her glasses were back on her face, her posture was straight, and she had a file open in front of her. It was said that Midnight was a persona, an alter-ego, that the woman behind the mask used to intimidate heroes and villains alike, if it was she was an expert at switching between "Midnight" and "Kayama-sensei" at a moment's notice.

"I know you heard it before, but congratulations on being accepted to UA University! I know that I and the other staff in the Heroics Course look forward to teaching you and seeing you grow into becoming a hero." Kayama-sensei smiled warmly at him again, there was no more sultry flirtation in it, it was simply the excitement of an educator.

It was her words that threw Izuku more for a loop than the switch up between 'Midnight' and 'Kayama-sensei'. His interactions with his teachers through middle and high school had been tepid at the best of times - except for when a substitute was brought in who was not part of the Aldera educational staff system. Their enthusiasm was largely reserved for Bakugo and other students who "had their quirks together", those who had flashy quirks or ones that seemed to be suited well for a future career in heroics. Given how much Izuku's quirk had been out of control for so many years he had been dismissed as a burden by the Aldera staff.

Which was why when his teachers or the principal had enthusiastically congratulated him on getting into UA their words had only rung insincere and hollow to him.

Though, even if they had praised him from the start Izuku had a feeling it would all have just sounded the same to him - they would have only cared about his quirk - not him. He only had to look at Kacchan to see that.