2/At home.

Almira's pov'

Almira's pov'

I drop my bag on the couch and sit down closing my eyes. The day's been exhausting, I need a nice bath before I go to bed.

"Nice," Hayden nodded his head softly as he looked around.

"Want me to show you your room?" I get up and wait for his respond.

"Sure." He grabs his singular bag and follows me up the stairs, at the top being two bedrooms and a bathroom to share.

I open the door to the right side, where a medium sized bedroom was nicely kept the past months I've been living in this house.

I haven't been in there since I moved so I think it'll be good enough for him.

I plaster my back to the side of the door to let him in but he just stands there looking at me instead.

"Oh and this is my room, in case you need me at some point." I open the door to the left and show him inside but he doesn't really pay attention to it.

"I'm fucking 20, you think I'm going to have nightmares or something. I'm not scared of anything, if anything I should let my door unlocked incase you wake up in the middle of the night and need some comforting." He enters his room, dropping his bag on the floor and looking out the window.

He's got a good view of the city, but my side is better. The way the sun shines through it makes me so excited to wake up.

...also I know that he's 20, I knew that from the start. I was a bit surprised that they didn't kick him out, because he was way older than they accepted at the adoption center, but they gave him a chance since he was a good care taker and the kids loved him.

I enter his room and look at it, it needs a little more work but other than that it's nice and cozy.

I see Hayden turn around and watch me as I think of what to do to the room to make it more his style but I can't really think properly when he's burning holes through my body with his stare.

I look at him and narrow my eyes.

My phone buzzes with a notification and I jumped at the vibration.

"So, do you like it?" I ask hoping to get him to look away.

"Mhm," He hums and I pinch myself to prevent from melting to the ground and I don't even know how that helps.

I throw up a thumbs up before I exit the room without saying anything and head downstairs to get my bag.

When I go back up to my room I see Hayden looking over my stuff.

"Do you need anything?" I raise an eyebrow watching him smell my perfumes.

"No, I just really like your room." He walks over to the bed and lies down on it, closing his eyes.
A sigh leaving his lips making me look away.

"You have your own bed to take a nap in, you know." I tell him before I place my bag on the floor, close to my vanity.
"Also I'm about to take a bath so please don't do anything stupid." I grab my stuff  that I need and attempt to exit the room.

I look back at him and notice that he's sleeping, fuck sake.
I don't feel comfortable letting him in my stuff yet but the peaceful face and the comfortable position he's in tells me to just leave it alone.

He won't do anything stupid, I hope.

                           . . .

Hayden's pov'

Hayden's pov'

I open my eyes after feeling little movements next to me and my eyes go wide when I see the girl that adopted me today.

I feel fucking stupid. I'm 20 and just got adopted by an 18 year old, so embarrassing.

But the thought that she wanted me, just makes me change my mind.
Although I still feel dumb and useless, I'm going to try my best to make sure she feels right and safe with me.

Seems like she's been heartbroken, I can kind of feel it.
Her long dark lashes touch her pink cheekbones, as she peacefully slept.

I've never slept next to a woman before, it feels weird but nice. I slide lower, getting myself closer to her and pulling the blanket that she attempted to cover the both of us with, higher.

She sensed me and opened her eyes,
"hi," she gave me a small smile before closing her eyes again and rolling around.
Now her back was an inch far from my chest and that inch was closed once she pushed herself completely to me.

My hand flew up, I didn't know what to do. Was she aware of what she was doing right now? Was she doing it on purpose.

Her hand searches for mine and I give it to her, she pulls it around her, and cuddles up with it. That's really fucking cute, I can not stop looking at the way she's all balled up against me and sleeping like I'm not just some random orphan she just adopted today.

Although if I was her I wouldn't feel so comfortable with a random dude, but I assure you I'm not about to mess this moment up. The most love I've gotten since..ever really.
I've never gotten a heartfelt hug or a kiss or anything else for that matter, and just this feels like heaven to me.

Makes me feel at home.
Safe.
Loved.
Wanted.

I never want to leave here, I never want to leave her.

...