38/Rain

Hayden's pov'

Hayden's pov'

Walking to the front door and ready to head inside I stop at hearing little kitten cries coming from the bush next to the stairs.

What? No way.

I think before I curiously go over to the bush and inspect it.
I didn't care that it was raining, if there is an animal there I'm taking em inside with me.

And just as expected there was a little black and white kitten lying under the bush and shivering.
It was wet and and so small.

"Aw poor thing, come here." I gently grab its little body in my hands and bring it close to my chest to try and warm it up just a little.

Actually it's not an it anymore, it's a he. Yay a male friend.

I rush to get my and this little guys ass inside so we don't get any wetter than we are and warm up.
I drop my gym bag on the floor and take my shoes off and leave them at the door, quickly going to place my little friend in front of the fireplace so he can dry off.

His meows were so little and so pained I felt heartbroken seeing him like that. His mom had left him in the cold and in the rain when she was probably somewhere nice and sheltered.

Bitch.

If she ever comes back looking for him I'm showing him to her and telling her that he's my son now.
She can fuck off.

"Hayden? You're back." Almira entered the room and approached me and then quietly walking up to me when I made a shushing motion.
She made an unsure face expression and I waved her over to show her what I got.

Her eyebrows shot up when she saw the little fur ball on the ground all cuddled up.
My hand on top of him imitating a blanket and he absolutely loved it because he wasn't meowing anymore.

"Oh my god, where did you get it?" She asked as she sat down next to me while looking down at my little friend.

"I found it outside under the bush there." I point at the door but don't turn around as I'm too focused on not wanting to wake him up, he's sleeping so peacefully.

"Oh," is her reaction to this little man.

"His name will be Rain since I found him in the rain." I told her and watched her eyes.

"Oh, it's a he?" She asked while trying to get a glimpse of his face that was hidden with his little hands.

"Yeah," she smiled at me.

"You're so cute," she said and looked down at my hand.

"Thank you." I bite the inside of my cheek, feeling the blush creeping up in my cheeks.

"Can we please keep him, I can't let him out there all alone." All of a sudden a thunder struck outside and it's so loud that she gets startled onto the side of my arm.