20/look at me

Hayden's pov'

Hayden's pov'

'Knock knock'

Two knocks come from outside my bedroom door and I look up from my bed.

"Come in," I respond and Almira comes in with a trey of food in her hands.

I've been so ill the past three days it's getting annoying, I want to go out and do stuff with her, I can't keep staying in bed for this long.

"Hi." I greet her and watch her smile grow.
She walks up to my bed and places the tray on one side, sitting on the other and checking if I'm any better, which I'm not.

"Hey sweet boy. How are you doing today?" She check my temperature and hands me my medicine but I can't think fast enough.

She's been calling me sweet boy and it's a nickname I never thought I'd earn from her. It's different and I weirdly love it.

But it makes me feel some way and that's a lot. I told her I love that she calls me that and she keeps calling me it which I'm not even complaining about.

"I'm good, mommy," I give her a teasing smile as I know she also likes it when I call her that. It's funny and it suits her in our situation, she adopted me after all.
Even though I'm like two years older then her, she's still mommy to me.

Not 'Mom' kind of Mommy though.

You know what kind;)

"Don't even, and I know you're not telling the truth. You're still burning up and you're drenched in sweat." She pats a towel on my forehead to dry the sweat.
I can't help it.

I reach for her and place my hand on the side of her thigh and run my hand up and down, touching her makes me feel better and it's the weirdest thing to say but it's true, and I'm never going to deny it.
She's a medicine for me.

"Eat and then take a shower, okay?" She orders me and I nod, lazily watching her.

"Yes ma'am," I smirk.

"Gosh, you're sick don't be silly." She tries not to smile as she grabs the trey and starts feeding me.

The warm soup tasted delicious and her face looked so beautiful. And I'm all cured, just by looking at her.

"Why are you looking like that? Hm?" She ask, wiping my mouth.

I grab her hand when she's done and kiss the top, thanking her for taking such good care of me.

"I appreciate you so much." I tell her and lean my head against the headboard.
"I literally adore you." I smile sweetly at her.

And watch the corners of her lips turn up, her whole face smiled.
"I think day and night of a way to return everything you've done for me, you are the best thing in my life." I lean my head sideways and watch her, a lump in my throat threatening to let loose.