5/Hope you don't regret me

Hayden's pov'

Hayden's pov'

It's really hard for me to be silent when she's the best thing that happened to me in so many years.
Just when I say I'm going to ignore her and be distant for a while so then I get used to that and not have to worry about being surprised by her and break character, but that shit is so hard.

She's like making sure I'm feeling good every once in a while and that makes me feel good, I've never had this treatment ever and I'm getting used to it way to fast.

I thought she'd be a total bitch at first and that's why my mind was telling me to be mean and rude and maybe I'd scare her away, but now that I see the real her, 'well I hope this is the real her' , I feel I should be more loving towards her and show her the same energy but my mind and my heart have different feelings about the situation and I don't know who to listen to first.

"Hayden?!" She calls me from her room and I'm on my feet in seconds, walking straight to where she is.

"Yes?" I lean on her door and watch as she stands to her bed, calculating something.

"I want to move my bed so one side is against the wall, could you help?" She asked, doing hand motions as she spoke.

I look at the bed and the wall and then nod, approving of her idea.
I move off the door and walk towards the bed.
The wall was already clear and she'd vacuumed the part of the floor, the bed would occupy.
So one push and the bed would be in place.

"Should I help?" She comes closer and I shake my head.

"No need,"
The bed is king size but I've lifted heavier stuff before so this won't even be a scratch for me.
I wasn't just a sleep, eat and take care of kids, I was also a help to a lot more shit they brought in for the kids.

I wasn't completely useless.

"Be careful there's some nails under, you might hurt yourself." Almira warned and I nodded before lightly touching under the wood to make sure the part I grabbed onto didn't have nails and once I confirmed it was safe I grabbed and pushed the bed to the corner.

Successfully. But as I pulled my hand out my skin was caught on the sharp edge of a nail sticking out from under.
I hissed as I pulled my hand all the way out and sat on the floor, slapping my palm to the line that the nail made and blood had already started flowing out.

The pain wasn't extreme, it was a damn nail scratch for fucks sake.

"Oh my goodness, are you ok?" Almira started panicking, running to me and falling to her knees.
She grabbed my hand and looked at my face, waiting for a reaction I guess.

I'm not no fucking pussy to start crying over that, a bandage and I'm fine.
Not a big deal.
I've been hurt worse before.

"Fine," I take my hand off the wound as the blood had started to run down and pressed my hand right back to where it was so I wouldn't make a mess on the floor.
I got up and walked straight to the bathroom, washing the blood off and trying to look through the cabinets for bandages.